By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats the First Series to Come to Mind When You Hear the Word "Playstation"

Turkish said:
jason1637 said:

When you hear the word "Playstation" what's the first series to come to mind?

Mine would be either God of War or Crash.

This is one of those questions that shan't be asked. Because it's simply impossible to think of 1 game when u think about Playstation.

When I think Playstation at least 20 different games pop up in my mind at the same time, there's just been so many great franchises over the last 4 generations.There's not really 1 IP that sticks out and demand the most attention.

But with Nintendo and Microsoft, it's easy: It's Mario or Zelda and Masterchief. They've been too dominant over the other series on their consoles and oftentimes they've what helped define their respective consoles.

You might think of several different series but there always a series you think about right before the other 19.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo

Twitter @CyberMalistix

A wide variety of franchises.

First would probably be spyro because it was the first I played on the ps1

After getting my thoughts together, Crash Bandicoot. Took a while to focus on the question.

God of War, the series is the reason I like PlayStation so much and after I played it on PS2 and PSP and God of War 3 was the reason I bought a PS3 and the next God of War game was the reason I bought a PS4 over an XB1. It is the franchise that has defined PlayStation since 2005, one of the most consistently amazing franchise in gaming and a gameplay, narrative and artistic masterpiece.

Around the Network

None. That's my problem with Playstation. There have been tons of great games to grace the brand, but none of them defining. Playstation doesn't have a core. Nintendo has Mario, Sega has Sonic, Microsoft has Master Chief...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Bubsy 3D..... *cries* T_T

Knack lol

for me, it's Crash and Spyro. I know they're 2 different games but those two characters went hand in hand when I was a kid. I will always see them first, followed by Uncharted.

Crash or maybe GTA3