By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that were harmed/ruined for you by controls, input devices, button configuration, etc.

KID ICARUS UPRISING.

Around the Network

The Wonderful 101. I really wanted to love that game, and I do still like it, but the controls definitely kept it from greatness for me.

And, of course, the DS Zelda games but at least we can say that Nintendo learned from those.

Back when I first played Ocarina of Time in 2011, I had nightmares with the Z-targeting. Compared to the implementation of the mechanic in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, it just felt atrocious. That doesn't mean that the controls are bad in Ocarina, but they are definitely archaic.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metroid Other M & Croc(PS1/Saturn)

Tomb Raider Legend for PSP. That console just didn't have enough buttons to do the job.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Tomb Raider Legend for PSP. That console just didn't have enough buttons to do the job.

Oh that reminds me. Rainbow Six on Dreamcast. Just not enough buttons on the DC controller.

Tropico on consoles, really needs mouse control
Skyward sword, slash + stabs never consistent, would have been better with analog stick + button press
Fast Racing Neo, button configuration on the gamepad physically hurt after 10 minutes
Project cars, figure out your own almost workable settings for controller, do it again for the next car
Dirt rally, same problem as project cars

Fragile comes to mind. Lair's controls were also poor but they did patch in analog support later on.

Generally, there were a lot of problems with any game that relied too much on motion controls. Just not precise enough to work properly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sonic Generations. Classic Sonic's controls were ASS.

90% of the Kinect games I bought. Some worked decent. Some worked horribly. A few worked perfectly. In any event, the controls were usually an obstacle.

Oh, let me add Zack and Wiki. There was a sword fight at the end of that game that required precision. It succeeded in making me want to cut myself.