By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Nigel Farage, leader of the UKIP resigns.

Slimebeast said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Dude, you were asked not to create political/racial threads - you know all those threads where you libeled immigrants as rapists and fifth columnists - and here you are commemorating a man who has built a political career on xenophobia, racism, and sexism.

What gives?

Such lies. Nigel Farage would be racist?

Typical leftist tactics to mix things together - when people are critical of their countries being overrun by parasites and criminals they're being accused of racism.

This is a political thread, not racial. And you're not a moderator.

I don't want to turn against people who agree with me, but could you tone it down a bit? I understand you don't agree, but trust me when I say this, they will ban you. I know it is hard to not lash out, but trust me when I say this.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Barozi said:
The Brexit movement is falling apart. It's hilarious to see them fleeing the sinking ship and not taking any responsibility.

On the bright side, maybe there might be some actually reasonable people leading the actual Brexit. I'm glad the whackos like Farage and Boris are leaving, because maybe the guys that will head the UK through Brexit will now actually, y'know, know what the fuck they are doing. At least know more about it than those two clowns.

So ironically enough, the Brexit movement falling apart is what will keep Brexit itself together.

Ka-pi96 said:
He's a cunt, good riddance!

Oh and it's also hilarious hearing someone who hates immigrants so much with a name like that. It certainly doesn't sound British, instead it sounds French to me....

Since when did Nigel hate immigrants? I don't know about him, but the Leave campaign want a system similar to that of Canada and Australia. Take in skilled workers that you need, and thats it. Please explain how thats anti-immigrant?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
MikeRox said:

What exactly would Nigel Farage be able to do during brexit? He is not an MP let alone in the political party currently in control.

It always cracks me up when people keep saying why aren't these brexit people don't xyz? When the answer is quite simply that they have no authority to do that or any power to do it.

Same response I've had. As I've said, this isn't a Johnson situation in which he simply chickened out. He isn't a tory member, so what can he do anyway?

He is leaving to avoid part of the huge backlash he is gonna suffer as a responsable for this once most of their promeses are revealed to be false and the ship starts to sink. Because it will, UK may be strong enough to recover, but dark times are very close, better to be forgotten by then.

barneystinson69 said:
Barozi said:
The Brexit movement is falling apart. It's hilarious to see them fleeing the sinking ship and not taking any responsibility.

Isn't it the tories responsibility in dealing with the fallout? They called the referendum after all. The UKIP isn't in power, and this man has achieved his goals. There is nothing more for him to do, so I think its a noble way to go. As for Johnson, well I think that was genuinely stupid. He is part of the tories after all, so why doesn't he run? 

Exactly. Farage was never a career politican and has had plans to quit for several years.

Boris Johnson though, it's a shame he didn't face this challenge.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
barneystinson69 said:

Same response I've had. As I've said, this isn't a Johnson situation in which he simply chickened out. He isn't a tory member, so what can he do anyway?

To avoid part of the huge backlash he is gonna suffer as a responsable for this once most of their promeses are revealed to be false and the ship starts to sink. Because it will, UK may be strong enough to recover, but dark times are very close, better to be forgotten by then.

The backlash is coming from the remain camp! Polling shows that it would be closer, but that leave would still win even today. A very vocal minority doesn't equal a majority.

Slimebeast said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Dude, you were asked not to create political/racial threads - you know all those threads where you libeled immigrants as rapists and fifth columnists - and here you are commemorating a man who has built a political career on xenophobia, racism, and sexism.

What gives?

Typical leftist tactics to mix things together - when people are critical of their countries being overrun by parasites and criminals they're being accused of racism.

No I'm not a moderator. But I care about this community greatly. And threads like this do nothing but end in angry words and bans. And they probably offend a great number of people who might otherwise want to join this community. 

I'm simply reminding Barney of the facts, and asking why, based on his history, he would create a thread fraught with such obvious racial implications. I never suggested he be moderated. That is completely within the jurisdiction of the mod team.

Ganoncrotch said:
So he basically caused the UK to make the biggest fuck up in it's history and now when people turn to him in a "whats next boss" he resigns lol. I mean the whole brexit vote is just a mess, no one wants to run the UK now because anyone with half a brain knows what a dire situation it is in.

Also if you were warned about making threads based on racism... suggesting that the leader of UKIP is a great man with a great life.... is pretty much endorsing a racist for me, sorry Barney man this thread is not a great idea I think.

Are you suggesting that making a thread about Nigel Farage is making a thread based on racism? We aren't allowed to praise the leader of a party who got 15% of the popular vote in a democracy? A politican who is perhaps the main reason that the UK voted to get out of the EU, a decision a majority of voters supported.

These accusations go too far.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slimebeast said:

No I'm not a moderator. But I care about this community greatly. And threads like this do nothing but end in angry words and bans. And they probably offend a great number of people who might otherwise want to join this community. 

I'm simply reminding Barney of the facts, and asking why, based on his history, he would create a thread fraught with such obvious racial implications. I never suggested he be moderated. This is completely within the jurisdiction of the mod team.

I've already told him to tone it, but I'd like to ask why you're accusing Nigel of being racist and xenophobic when in truth that isn't the case. Now I know there would be backlash in this post, but I didn't know it would be this bad. I will agree with you there, and I do hope people tone down a bit and act civilized. I have no ill intent in these posts however. This person has contributed greatly to the political landscape of the UK, so I think his resignation is a big deal.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm simply reminding Barney of the facts, and asking why, based on his history, he would create a thread fraught with such obvious racial implications. I never suggested he be moderated. That is completely within the jurisdiction of the mod team.

Now you are dishonest.

If you would care so much, you wouldn't be the first to be waving the vulgar racism card.

And just stop with that nonsense, "obvious racial implications". What does it even mean? It's a tactic to give people negative associations, which leads to emotional reactions becoming so strong that moderators have to close the thread.