By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

poklane said:
GribbleGrunger said:

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#11 XB1s-2gb (down 1)*
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 2)
#42 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 6)
#46 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#66 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 5)*
#75 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 5)
#90 Vita (up 3)
#97 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 14)*

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#04 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)
#07 3DS Pokemon S&M (down 1)

I do think it's about time Sony dropped that COD Bundle and put out something fresh. I'm not saying that because of sales, I'm saying that because they need to broaden the demographic in other areas too. There must to something contractual involved in my opinion.

Uncharted 4 bunduruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I've been thinking the same, there must be a contract in play. BO3 is almost 9 months, it's time for something more recent such as Uncharted 4. It's also cheaper, they probably have to pay Activision a few bucks for every BO3 bundle, while bundling Uncharted 4 would cost whatever printing the disc + case costs, although it obviously would hurt real Uncharted 4 sales. That might also be a reason now that I think of it. Even at just 200k copies a month at just $40 bucks that's still $8mil in revenue.

Ratchet & Crankuru bunduruuuuuuuuuuuu

I mean, if they really want to expand their audience, they need bundles that don't target the demographic they have secured. Maybe a LEGO game bundle could do well as well. Honestly it's such a waste of Sony to not have a family friendly bundle in the US. Preferably, Sony would do one bundle targeting kids (parents) and families, and one targeting the 20+ demographic.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

I mean, if they really want to expand their audience, they need bundles that don't target the demographic they have secured. Maybe a LEGO game bundle could do well as well. Honestly it's such a waste of Sony to not have a family friendly bundle in the US. Preferably, Sony would do one bundle targeting kids (parents) and families, and one targeting the 20+ demographic.

Of course the one thing Sony are guarenteed when selling the COD bundle is one more PS+ subscriber.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

Of course the one thing Sony are guarenteed when selling the COD bundle is one more PS+ subscriber.

Which is why I say have both. One bundle targetting the family and kids demographic, and one targetting the online focused "shooter demographic". And perhaps even one inbetween. People complain about the XBO having too many SKUs, but Sony aren't doing themselves any favours by having to few.

Teeqoz said:

Which is why I say have both. One bundle targetting the family and kids demographic, and one targetting the online focused "shooter demographic". And perhaps even one inbetween. People complain about the XBO having too many SKUs, but Sony aren't doing themselves any favours by having to few.

PS4 with RAC, Tearaway and LBP3 would go down a treat.

The PS5 Exists. 

Swordmasterman said:
NXPal said:

*on amazon.com because of a nice pricecut
didn't do well on psn and the whole american market last month.

i know the game was on sale at psn in europe. america also? or just $60 fullprice?

I don't think that the game did bad in the USA, It surpassed the sales of the previous tittle with a lower install base. Uncharted 4 also was the most downloaded game on PSN in the month of May. I think that it will surpass 10 Millions of sales life-time.

i also do not think UC4 did bad in the US. Just bad last month ;)
and worldwise is out of question. it did great in europe.

Around the Network

In Italy there is a PS4 1TB bundle with Uncharted 4, BloodBorne, Beyond 2 souls and Heavy Rain, for only €400... imagine this in USA.

Ryng_Tolu said:

In Italy there is a PS4 1TB bundle with Uncharted 4, BloodBorne, Beyond 2 souls and Heavy Rain, for only €400... imagine this in USA.

not really a great bundle, when you can get a ps4 for 250€ reguarly in europe

NXPal said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

not really a great bundle, when you can get a ps4 for 250€ reguarly in europe

Dude, it's 4 games and 1TB.............

GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

Sony have 21+ Millions of PSN+ users. Cod sold 13+ Millions on PS4 did it not ?  There is no reason to purchase Cod if you will not play online.

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#11 XB1s-2gb (same)*
#23 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 2)
#42 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#52 XB1 NYG Bundle (down 10)
#68 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 2)*
#70 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 5)
#82 Vita (up 8)
#91 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 8)*

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#03 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 1)