By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. July bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Looks like XBO will outsell PS4 by at least 2:1 in August.

Around the Network

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#10 XB1s-2gb (up 2)*
#23 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#48 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 3)
#49 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#61 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 2)*
#80 XB1 3 Game Bundle (down 3)
#83 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (up 8)*
#93 Vita (down 5)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#04 PS4 No Man's Sky (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon S&M (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

Hey, tomorrow 3DS back on Stock (Red and Black).

Things will be funny again.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#11 XB1s-2gb (down 1)*
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 2)
#42 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 6)
#46 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#66 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 5)*
#75 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 5)
#90 Vita (up 3)
#97 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 14)*

#07 3DS Pokemon S&M (down 1)

I do think it's about time Sony dropped that COD Bundle and put out something fresh. I'm not saying that because of sales, I'm saying that because they need to broaden the demographic in other areas too. There must to something contractual involved in my opinion.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#11 XB1s-2gb (down 1)*
#21 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 2)
#42 XB1 NYG Bundle (up 6)
#46 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#66 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 5)*
#75 XB1 3 Game Bundle (up 5)
#90 Vita (up 3)
#97 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (down 14)*

#07 3DS Pokemon S&M (down 1)

I do think it's about time Sony dropped that COD Bundle and put out something fresh. I'm not saying that because of sales, I'm saying that because they need to broaden the demographic in other areas too. There must to something contractual involved in my opinion.

Uncharted 4 bunduruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I've been thinking the same, there must be a contract in play. BO3 is almost 9 months, it's time for something more recent such as Uncharted 4. It's also cheaper, they probably have to pay Activision a few bucks for every BO3 bundle, while bundling Uncharted 4 would cost whatever printing the disc + case costs, although it obviously would hurt real Uncharted 4 sales. That might also be a reason now that I think of it. Even at just 200k copies a month at just $40 bucks that's still $8mil in revenue.

Around the Network

GribbleGrunger said:

Nah, CoD is still a big name and the vast majority of the people going in to buy games will see that CoD is with PS. Why would they get rid of the bundle with the biggest FPS game out right now and replace it with something with less pull?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

poklane said:

Uncharted 4 bunduruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I've been thinking the same, there must be a contract in play. BO3 is almost 9 months, it's time for something more recent such as Uncharted 4. It's also cheaper, they probably have to pay Activision a few bucks for every BO3 bundle, while bundling Uncharted 4 would cost whatever printing the disc + case costs, although it obviously would hurt real Uncharted 4 sales. That might also be a reason now that I think of it. Even at just 200k copies a month at just $40 bucks that's still $8mil in revenue.

Yeah, there's got to be a reason. I just feel as if COD fans are not likely going to be good customers for diversity. If they had a bundle for $370 and had UC4 and TLOU I think that would sell as well and also broaden the demographic.

Welfare said:

Nah, CoD is still a big name and the vast majority of the people going in to buy games will see that CoD is with PS. Why would they get rid of the bundle with the biggest FPS game out right now and replace it with something with less pull?

I realise that but it's not wise to cater to a market that's notorious for only buying one or two games a year. It's like pandering to the FIFA crowd. Thousands of those guys only ever play FIFA and only ever buy FIFA.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
FIT_Gamer said:
I'm surprised the $250 Xbox One isn't higher on list.

Give it a few hours.

Still doesn't appear to be having much effect. I figured that deal would boost it into the 20's at least. 

FIT_Gamer said:

Still doesn't appear to be having much effect. I figured that deal would boost it into the 20's at least. 

It appears as if the main sales are going to people who already had the XB1. We'll have to wait until the 23rd to see just how well the 500gb version performs against the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

NXPal said:
Swordmasterman said:

Really good for Uncharted.  Nearly 3 months after the release and still selling pretty well.

*on amazon.com because of a nice pricecut
didn't do well on psn and the whole american market last month.

i know the game was on sale at psn in europe. america also? or just $60 fullprice?

I don't think that the game did bad in the USA, It surpassed the sales of the previous tittle with a lower install base. Uncharted 4 also was the most downloaded game on PSN in the month of May. I think that it will surpass 10 Millions of sales life-time.