By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming's most blatant rip-off games

What are some of those games that have a look, gameplay, a story and or characters, that you just know a dev just went a pretty much did some copy-paste of what other devs did with a game before.

I am not talking about a game being influenced by other games, but of games from devs which turn out to be pretty much what some other dev/company did before.

Any games that come to mind?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Battle camp for the app store

Tries way too hard to be pokemon and fails

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Just about any game from Gameloft.

Just surf a couple of minutes through the app Store and you'll have plenty of choice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yeah, Gameloft built their whole business on ripoffs.

Moder Combat series is basically a rip off of the Call of Duty games from Modern Warfare to Ghosts.

NOVA is an insanely blatant Halo clone.

Around the Network

Too many to list, all these empire building games rip each other off

That Chinese Overwatch rip-off that's in development called "Legends of Titan". Seriously, Google it.

I'd say Great Giana Sisters from the 80's is probably on of the most well-known examples of rip-offs (given that it ripped-off SMB).

Seen this pop up on the vita sales recently

Thought, hmmm cool, maybe it's a bit like bomberman.
No... it's not a bit like bomberman at all

It just is Bomberman.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

There's 100 games just like clash of clans, and another 999 just like Game of War/Tribal Wars/Everything.