By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Paper Mario Colour Splash's lifetime sales

Tagged games:

It's final sales will be...

500k or less 54 25.84%

500k - 1m 95 45.45%

1 - 1.5m 43 20.57%

1.5 - 2m 8 3.83%

Over 2m 9 4.31%

Total:209

take a punt at 1.3m

Around the Network

It's has a tremendous advantage since it is basically the last huge Wii u exclusive. A lot of people that wouldn't normally buy it will get it because they will want something to play on Wii u. I will buy it day one and no doubt love it for all of its unique ideas and stories (as long as the story isn't like ss and is more similar to the first 3).

It'll probably do over 1m.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

1.1M

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Probably as much as Star Fox Zero sold. So about 600k life time.

Anything more and I will be disgusted.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

So nearly a third of you voted that it will sell less than 500k.
Is it because you want it to fail, or because you really think it will? (Or both?)

I hope it fails hard since Nintendo doesn't communicate with its dedicated fanbase at all. They have to learn it the hard way.

Also, would one of the brave souls who voted over 2 million like to explain their reasoning? ;)

curl-6 said:
Also, would one of the brave souls who voted over 2 million like to explain their reasoning? ;)

One of the very few last games releasing for WiiU, plus its release window being on summer, the fact that it has Mario on the name and that Nintendo might try to give it a small marketing push weeks before its release. I dunno, 2 million doesn't seem all that impossible.

Over 1m, maybe 1.5m. Wii U owners don't have too much releasing lately, so they might gravitate more toward that game just to have something to play.