By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you wish to see in a Video game but never seen?

Chazore said:
Ganoncrotch said:
baloofarsan said:

Just found some footage that I had not seen during E3:

You can see it being played with a gamepad which would also suggest the game is very likely to come to current gen systems as well as having full gamepad support on PC (currently it's partial for being in early access). Currently at the moment it costs £8.39 on the Steam sale: http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/

Looks like the game will also be supporting a 1st person mode too which is nice. I could do with picking this up before the sale ends since it has been in my wish list for a while. If any of you two fancy the game on Steam I could grab it for you since it's cheap and you two seem interested and share the love for lego like I do.

It's bad I know but at 3:16 in that video I was cringing at the thought of somebody building a lego wall like that.... dear lord man offset each new line by 2 pips! ahhhhhhhhhhh it hurt.

Game does look rather nice though, sort of overly minecraft in some ways I guess minecraft is just lego as a world but I more meant a human sized person with blocks the size of lego... as in not playing as a lego man on the ground, I see there is a brick by brick editor in that title, will just have to wait and see how lego get on with Lego Dimensions on the consoles since if that takes off as much as Skylanders I'm sure it will be their gaming focus for the next few years on consoles at least.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

It's bad I know but at 3:16 in that video I was cringing at the thought of somebody building a lego wall like that.... dear lord man offset each new line by 2 pips! ahhhhhhhhhhh it hurt.

Game does look rather nice though, sort of overly minecraft in some ways I guess minecraft is just lego as a world but I more meant a human sized person with blocks the size of lego... as in not playing as a lego man on the ground, I see there is a brick by brick editor in that title, will just have to wait and see how lego get on with Lego Dimensions on the consoles since if that takes off as much as Skylanders I'm sure it will be their gaming focus for the next few years on consoles at least.

I recently bought lego worlds for my kids (steam sale) Beware it's an unoptimized piece of software atm, chugs along like a dying lawn mower at 720p low settings on 2.4Ghz i7 4700MQ plus GT 740M. The kids don't seem to mind, although I find the constant lurching between 5 and 30 fps quite nauseating.

It works with a controller and says you should be able to connect a second controller as well (not tried it yet) So far they're just running around trying out the different pre-made stuff. Then back to Minecraft and real lego. I'm quite used to stepping on lego now, I hardly even feel it anymore! (if only)

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I recently bought lego worlds for my kids (steam sale) Beware it's an unoptimized piece of software atm, chugs along like a dying lawn mower at 720p low settings on 2.4Ghz i7 4700MQ plus GT 740M. The kids don't seem to mind, although I find the constant lurching between 5 and 30 fps quite nauseating.

It works with a controller and says you should be able to connect a second controller as well (not tried it yet) So far they're just running around trying out the different pre-made stuff. Then back to Minecraft and real lego. I'm quite used to stepping on lego now, I hardly even feel it anymore! (if only)

This will be really crazy when it is ready! It is like Sim City (World building), GTA (sandbox), Red Faction (destructable environment) all put together. No wonder they can only show a small part of the map at once.

Pokemon game where the story expands across all regions and being able to have a profession like gym leader
,elite four member, professor etc.

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Thanks for the info, considering my PC is a good deal lower in power than your setup I won't be going near that til an actual retail release then!

I wonder could your feet ever get to the point where they have the Lego [ ] in them so the pieces could at least just clip into the soles of them? :D would take years of children leaving them out.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

Thanks for the info, considering my PC is a good deal lower in power than your setup I won't be going near that til an actual retail release then!

I wonder could your feet ever get to the point where they have the Lego [ ] in them so the pieces could at least just clip into the soles of them? :D would take years of children leaving them out.

They would still not line up :p Luckily the lego has no loyalty and targets everyone equally, silently lying in wait to strike when you least expect it. It's one of those guilty pleasures as a parent when your kid steps on his own lego, starts running around cause it hurts, risk stepping on more. Hilarious :D. No comfort here, perfect moment for, "I told you to clean up". Such a great educational tool!
Ofcourse instead of cleaning up they start arguing over whose piece of lego it was :s

Btw what I miss in video games where you get to construct things is how to make things structurally sound. If you simply stack bricks like in that video it's never going to hold up. There are some building games that take actual physics in account, like world of goo and bridge constructor, yet Minecraft and Lego worlds don't have any educational value apart from spatial awareness.

spemanig said:
A 3rd person game with a strong narrative, and not a single cutscene.

God of War will have that.

GOWTLOZ said:
spemanig said:
A 3rd person game with a strong narrative, and not a single cutscene.

This is false.

spemanig said:
GOWTLOZ said:

This is false.

Nope Cory Barlog said that the game will be continuous and will have no cutscenes.

The game is narrative heavy as we have seen.

GOWTLOZ said:

Nope Cory Barlog said that the game will be continuous and will have no cutscenes.

The game is narrative heavy as we have seen.

Then he lied. There is literally a cutescene in the gameplay showed.