By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Zelda will move 10m NX consoles "pretty quickly"

maybe Pathcer is just trolling?

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

There are a ton of people who spout outlandish things and are always wrong on the internet, so why do we give this guy specifically so much attention? I'm genuinely curious.

Right or wrong, he's the person investors go to for insight on the gaming market.

You could say he put his money where his mouth is - but it's more like other people put their money where Pachter's mouth is. Except those people aren't actually gamers.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Jinxed

Fuck.... Now I'm worried!

I LOVE ICELAND!

WELL we know zelda will sell less then 10 milion units of the NX

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

He saw so many people playing the zelda demo at e3 so he thought it would sell more than cod and battlefield

Pinkie_pie said:
He saw so many people playing the zelda demo at e3 so he thought it would sell more than cod and battlefield

Well keep in mind the number of consoles moved at launch is not proportionately identical to the number of copies sold by any one launch title.  People buying at launch are investing, not buying on the merrits of the console as it stands cause let's just face it, consoles at launch are always lacking in a quantity of quality titles to play on them.  What a really strong launch and first year lineup  of exclusives does - like the Wii and Playstation 2 had - is instill confidence to invest.  It's a different period from any other in a console's lifespan.

Nuvendil said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Well keep in mind the number of consoles moved at launch is not proportionately identical to the number of copies sold by any one launch title.  People buying at launch are investing, not buying on the merrits of the console as it stands cause let's just face it, consoles at launch are always lacking in a quantity of quality titles to play on them.  What a really strong launch and first year lineup  of exclusives does - like the Wii and Playstation 2 had - is instill confidence to invest.  It's a different period from any other in a console's lifespan.

Indeed.  Zelda by itself may not be enough to move those 10m NXs so quickly, but a strong launch all around would be strengthened immensely with BOTW at the forefront.

Runa216 said:

Other people don't get paid to do it. 

Other people don't influence major publishers and developers

Other people don't have an influence on investors. 

Other people don't do this exclusively. 

Pachter is a joke and worthy of our scorn because he's basically a total idiot and he gets paid to be a total idiot. For comparison's sake, here are the top selling Zelda titles of all time: 

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Zelda

Most any one sold on any one console was less than 8 million.  Couldn't even break 8 million with Twilight Princess on Wii, their best selling home console and a cultural fad.  

The fact that he said a new Zelda would push 10 million console sales is a joke when it literally took me 5 seconds to do enough research to know that will never, never, never happen. 

Ah, it being his job does make it pretty sad, though how can he still influence people after all the junk he's said, I would think people should have stopped taking him seriously by now.

Nuvendil said:
Pinkie_pie said:

If someone is buying because of the potential they wouldn't be buying for the crossgen game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."