By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Female popstar with over half a billion views on YT is a proud manhater.

Would a man get away with this bullshit?

Yes 19 8.41%

No 207 91.59%

Total:226

I doubt anyone really cares. Its a very young women who expressing her opinion without any real experience and feeling empowered because she is getting press. When it all come down to it there will always be haters for whatever person, political or even religious reason.

Around the Network
Emperorbach said:

tbh double standards dont faze me 

i am man , but tbhh with black with white people , women with men and generally with the opreessed we cant hate the opressed for hating the creator of the society that has slighted them

The idea that women in the west are currently oppressed has got to be one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

All that's happening here is someone taking advantage of historical male guilt to push their bigotry. That's it. There is no oppression here.

Lawlight said:
danasider said:
I think we believe the double standards are that big, because we are constantly hearing about feminism and sexism, etc. But the bottom line (aka the money) shows that there are plenty of successful comedians who have sexist jokes, who joke about rape and beating women, etc. etc. (many I find hilarious so this isn't a judgment post) who are millionaires, and they are men. Same goes for women.

So yes, men can and have always gotten "away with this bullshit" in some way or another (if making a career out of it isn't a way, I don't know what is).

If some woman is a man-hater, I don't try to point out some social injustice (which I don't believe exists in this case). I move on and don't watch her vids. Unless she's entertaining...

Can you give me examples of those comedians?

Though they don't explicitly say 'I hate women' (that I know) comedians like Daniel Tosh and Bill Burr are both millionaires that have careers today and have fairly mysogynistic material (with material about rape and domestic violence).

On the music front, there's no point in even listing the rappers and lyrics that are super sexist.

On a pop front, Chris Brown beat up Rihanna and has allegedly domestically abused other women. Sure, he got a media lashing (this was a case of straight up violence, not someone belittling another gender by doing tweets), but a few years later his career was hotter than ever. Funny part is, his music seemed to get more mysogynistic (see Loyal) after the incident.

And these guys are all way more famous than some YouTube chick I never heard of. Maybe if one of these guys straight up said, 'I hate women' he'd be crucified - for a short amount of time seeing how the public is generally forgiving of celebrities. But I think that goes for women who are super famous as well. This girl, despite 600 million YouTube views, ain't no Beyonce or Katy Perry so she doesn't have to watch what she says as much. Most of the really famous celebrities that stand to lose a lot are essentially brands so they aren't going to say statements that are very racist or sexist or anything of prejudice without expecting a backlash - man or woman.

Again, I like all the artists I listed above in terms of entertainment value. I'm just saying, plenty of sexist men have booming careers which partially center around their sexism so I really don't see this double standard as being as big or even existing the way everyone is voting. Just my opinion.

Machiavellian said:
I doubt anyone really cares. Its a very young women who expressing her opinion without any real experience and feeling empowered because she is getting press. When it all come down to it there will always be haters for whatever person, political or even religious reason.

This sort of indifference to feminists being sexist and misandric is why I take feminist rhetoric about wanting equality of among the sexes as a joke. 

Aeolus451 said:
Machiavellian said:

This sort of indifference to feminists being sexist and misandric is why I take feminist rhetoric about wanting equality of among the sexes as a joke. 

I do not have an indifference to feminist, I have an indifference to a person calling themselves a feminist that do not present anything more than an immature stance where the only merit to their stance is "I hate men".  There are definitely real feminist issues in a society ruled by by men but this girl opinion isn't one of them. Just because someone call themselves something doesn't always mean they represent it.  

Around the Network

Vgchartz seems to have more of these discussions than any website I frequent. And I do frequent many political sites. I do find that no one realm you wants equality when it comes to these things. Well, some do. Some women want equal pay for equal work, etc. But most men who don't like women wanting an even playing field usually rebut with "make me a sandwich!" or something to that effect.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
Vgchartz seems to have more of these discussions than any website I frequent. And I do frequent many political sites. I do find that no one realm you wants equality when it comes to these things. Well, some do. Some women want equal pay for equal work, etc. But most men who don't like women wanting an even playing field usually rebut with "make me a sandwich!" or something to that effect.

Actually I have seen the rebuttal "Make me a sandwich" when woman expent men to always pay when going out on a date.  There are a lot of women who expect the man to pay and now a days men are saying then I expect you to "make me a sandwich" or put out if that is the case.

I personally have never gone dutch when asking a woman out but if she offered to pay to help pay the bill and got mad I said yes, probably would not want to date that woman anyway.  In my eyes that a 2 faced type of response and I know from experience nothing good ever comes from those type of women.

Holy shit, what a bitch. She is proud of hating 50% of the population and she thinks she is cooler for that, absolutely disgusting, I hope her carreer dies right away, if this was a man talking about women or a white man talking about black people this would be a scandal and she would never be in the radio again.

Machiavellian said:

Actually I have seen the rebuttal "Make me a sandwich" when woman expent men to always pay when going out on a date.  There are a lot of women who expect the man to pay and now a days men are saying then I expect you to "make me a sandwich" or put out if that is the case.

I personally have never gone dutch when asking a woman out but if she offered to pay to help pay the bill and got mad I said yes, probably would not want to date that woman anyway.  In my eyes that a 2 faced type of response and I know from experience nothing good ever comes from those type of women.

I have to agree with that, and this video validates that even more.

You give her the door test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyj2VNVB8qk

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Machiavellian said:
Aeolus451 said:

I do not have an indifference to feminist, I have an indifference to a person calling themselves a feminist that do not present anything more than an immature stance where the only merit to their stance is "I hate men".  There are definitely real feminist issues in a society ruled by by men but this girl opinion isn't one of them. Just because someone call themselves something doesn't always mean they represent it.  

Didn't say that. I said that you have an indifference to feminists being sexist and misandric.

I hate that excuse "they're not real feminists". She represents feminists because she identifies herself as one. Feminists are not voting into the club. To the world, she's a feminist because she says she is one. That's all that really matters because whatever actions she takes or words she says, colors how people see feminism. It's no different than how islamic terrorists represent the Islamic religion or how a whore mongering christian represents christainity. Saying someone is not a part of the group they identify with because they are the fringe/extreme element of that group is a petty and lazy way to avoid taking responsibility for their actions or words.