By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Economic impact of Brexit

Norris2k said:

- They are mostly not economists, but financial analysts

I think this is probably the most critical point. Most real economists would hold off on fearmongering of a complex situation like this. There are just so many factors and values to consider, and an obvious knowledge problem all around. Financial analysts on the otherhand ... 

Around the Network

The british stock index (FTSE 100) is currently only about 2% down. The german (-6%), french (-7%), japanese (-8%), european (-8%) and many other stock indeces (DOW, NASDAQ etc.) on the other hand have actually suffered worse right now.

Look, for all the millions of dollars poured in the finance industry, one thing is for certain.
No one can predict the economy.

WolfpackN64 said:
Look, for all the millions of dollars poured in the finance industry, one thing is for certain.

Actually a lot of people can, they actually get really rich from it. Infact most of the time, you can see a bubble really easily. 

It won't break global economy or even european economy. But it will have serious consequences to the UK.

Maybe scotland will have its independance now. They were dumb to think the brits cared about them.

Around the Network

Well the pound and FTSE seems to have recovered a bit compared to earlier today, although I expect the Pound and Euro to continue falling.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Well the pound and FTSE seems to have recovered a bit compared to earlier today, although I expect the Pound and Euro to continue falling.

Wut?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Acevil said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Actually a lot of people can, they actually get really rich from it. Infact most of the time, you can see a bubble really easily. 

People can make predictions and they can come true. But I haven't know anyone to make a succesful long-term projections of an entire nations economy.

The Belgian financial planning bureau predicted the economy would grow with about 1.5% starting from next year for a period of five years. But they made another prediction saying the Belgian economy could lose up to 2.6% if a Brexit were to happen.

There are too many variables. If the UK stays steady, who knows what might happen. But if the UK fractures, it's a totally different story for the economy.

Ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:

Wut?

They have. Initially the FTSE 100 was down 8%, but when it closed, it was only down 3%. The Pound to USD exchange rate had fallen to 1.32 but has risen to 1.36 now. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This is probably just an immediate effect. Things should balance themselves out soon enough.