By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Is Microsoft Running Out Of Exclusives?

jason1637 said:
Swordmasterman said:

I don't think that Sakaguchi would make another Lost Odyssey game, he hates sequels, But is possible that he will make another JRPG for the Xbox One.

The only problem with this is that Xbox One have less than 1/10 of the Install Base that the Xbox 360 had in the same time-frame on Japan.

Yeah but Lost Odyssey sold more WW than in japan if VGChartz is correct. 

I think that Sakaguchi would like to have his Japanese fans playing his game.

Sakaguchi have millions of Fans only on Japan.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Oh boy, that's not a lot to go with. Sounds like he's just speaking expeditiously and doesn't want to give exact details.

Hence, you're reading too much into his statement. Again, I believe there is more happening than you think.

I'm sorry, what? You think the woman who is in charge of MS first party publishing lied about how many games they have in development to make it seem like they have less going on then they actually do? Despite the fact that her lie doesn't, and won't benefit MS at all?

You're really comfortable with ignoring information taken directly from the horses mouth because it doesn't fit what you HOPE is going on? That is, litteraly textbook confirmation bias.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's still crazy that you were so ready to ignore the given evidence because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

The problem with your opinion is that there isn't enough information.  That statement alone only tells you what is currently in the pipeline.  You have no idea if this statement is in relation to what will be coming in the next 1,2 or 5 years or not.  You have no clue what is being planned for any specific timeframe after these projects are completed or if there are already other projects in the planning stages that are not ready to be announced or greenlit.

You are acting as if the manger gave you a definitive list for a specific period of time which is not correct if you read the interview.  Bias is when you add your own opinion into a statement with no other information then what you THINK is true.  The OP thread is based on nothing more than an opinion that MS only has 14 projects that they are doing within a 5 year timeframe which is a bias opinion with no factual information to back it up.

Last but not least, why are people compare exclusive output by MS studio to every exclusive coming to the PS4 and making a comparison.  If anything would it not be apples to apples if you compared Sony exclusives to MS exclusives when judging the OEM output.

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah but Lost Odyssey sold more WW than in japan if VGChartz is correct. 

I believe Sakaguchi owes MS one more game.  Was it not 3 games his studio owes MS for funding his studio.

Bandorr said:

Yes I figured it out. I forgot Killer instinct was no longer owned by Rare. I went to correct that - but I when I pressed "submit" it just got stuck for 5 minutes.

You are still getting confused, Killer Instinct is still owned by Rare.  The company rare farmed out to make the First season of the game is now owned by Amazon.  A new studio now updates the game.

Machiavellian said:
Swordmasterman said:

I believe Sakaguchi owes MS one more game.  Was it not 3 games his studio owes MS for funding his studio.

I don't think so, otherwise The Last History would be avaliable for the Xbox 360, Sakaguchi's last game was cancelled and I don't think that was his decision, he never cancelled nothing and he is against KickStarter gaming.

His decisions are very Pro-consumer, Microsoft probably broken their contract  by some reason, If Microsoft had games from Sakaguchi the Xbox One would not be doing so bad on Japan.

Around the Network

I don't think they're running out of exclusives, but I would very much like a 3d platformer adding to their roster, Blinx the Timesweeper!!!!

Or Banjo, take your pick!

We need more 3d platformers!

Well, Gears 4, DR3, ReCore and FH3 are all going to launch THIS YEAR...

Ali_16x said:
Versus_Evil said:

You just listed 10 known games... and you think they're running out of exclusives ? ... 14 1st party games insnt alot now.... ok ... 

I'm talking about the future, yes they have games right now but it doesn't look like they'll have much after a couple of years other than Forza 7, Halo 6, and Rare's second game.

They can buy games rights from third party studios to help with gaps .... timed exclusive or exclusive like Sunset Overdrive, Rise of Tomb Raider,  Dead rising 3 & 4, etc.

Halo, Forza, Gears that's the big three for Microsoft right now.

They are building more and more relationship with second Party partners. Games like Recore, State of Decay 2, Quantum Break (remedy studios), Crackdown IP.

The gaming market is so saturated right now with all the multi platform games and indie games. So much so that Microsoft doesn't need to add much more to the list. You don't want to be like Nintendo where everyone on the console only buys first party games. Also, watch out what your ask for, Microsoft could just go and buy exclusive right to a future games like Borderlands 3 or next Tomb raider game.

Machiavellian said:

The problem with your opinion is that there isn't enough information.  That statement alone only tells you what is currently in the pipeline.  You have no idea if this statement is in relation to what will be coming in the next 1,2 or 5 years or not.  You have no clue what is being planned for any specific timeframe after these projects are completed or if there are already other projects in the planning stages that are not ready to be announced or greenlit.

You are acting as if the manger gave you a definitive list for a specific period of time which is not correct if you read the interview.  Bias is when you add your own opinion into a statement with no other information then what you THINK is true.  The OP thread is based on nothing more than an opinion that MS only has 14 projects that they are doing within a 5 year timeframe which is a bias opinion with no factual information to back it up.

Last but not least, why are people compare exclusive output by MS studio to every exclusive coming to the PS4 and making a comparison.  If anything would it not be apples to apples if you compared Sony exclusives to MS exclusives when judging the OEM output.

Video games take a long time to make. As I pointed out in an earlier post, any game that they started making after that statement was made, probably woudn't even be shown until E3 2018 at the earliest. That would mean a huge dip in their first and second party output after the end of 2017, since they didn't appear to be making much to replace their current roster of games once they launched.

The number she gave is the number of (what we thought were first/second party) games currently in development. That isn't very many when you consider the number of them that are due out in the next 9-12 months.

You need to look up the definition of bias. Because that is NOT what bias is. Then, after that, you need to go read the OP. Which says nothing about the next 5 years.

So, for tonights homework;

1. Look up bias. Read the definition, and examples.

2. Read the OP from start to finish. Actually do that twice, just for good meassure.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

yvanjean said:
Ali_16x said:

I'm talking about the future, yes they have games right now but it doesn't look like they'll have much after a couple of years other than Forza 7, Halo 6, and Rare's second game.

They can buy games rights from third party studios to help with gaps .... timed exclusive or exclusive like Sunset Overdrive, Rise of Tomb Raider,  Dead rising 3 & 4, etc.

Halo, Forza, Gears that's the big three for Microsoft right now.

They are building more and more relationship with second Party partners. Games like Recore, State of Decay 2, Quantum Break (remedy studios), Crackdown IP.

The gaming market is so saturated right now with all the multi platform games and indie games. So much so that Microsoft doesn't need to add much more to the list. You don't want to be like Nintendo where everyone on the console only buys first party games. Also, watch out what your ask for, Microsoft could just go and buy exclusive right to a future games like Borderlands 3 or next Tomb raider game.

This really makes no sense when you have Nintendo selling Millions with their games and Sony selling Millions of Uncharted 4 in just 1 week, Exclusive games does not means Timed exclusive because this would not bring nothing more to the Xbox One, this would only delay something that would release for the PS4 and PC at the same day.

The reason why multiplataform games does not sell well on Nintendo's console is because  their last consoles don't had Third Party support so this isn't a good reason to state that Exclusives does not matter, and That people would be happy purchasing only Multiplataform tittles.

They can still make games with Inafune but I don't see they making  more exclusives with Remedy, the Remedy head stated that they want to go Multiplataform,  out of the 3 companies Microsoft is the one who have the  most $ to spend with gaming, they need to invest in much more Studios and not on Timed Exclusives and 2.5 Billions with Minecraft, And they need to create something new by their own, Like they are doing with Sea of Thiefs.