By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Is Microsoft Running Out Of Exclusives?

Ryuu96 said:
Normchacho said:

Hmm, I stand corrected then. It is weird that she never mentions that it's only external studios though...

She should have been more clear but if you knew what he role was it was kinda clear what she meant, we assumed she meant 2nd party in XBR but I went and got clarification anyway.

• Phil runs Internal American Studios
  • Hanno Lemke runs Internal European Studios
  • Shannon Loftis runs First Party Publishing

The original quote was ‘I head first party game publishing for Xbox One or Windows 10 or any of our platforms, we right now have, I think, 14 games in development." she was clearly speaking about her own division but if you don't know exactly what she does then yeah, people would assume it was all first party games.

Going to try and get clarification if Wars 2 & Horizon 3 are included because I'd assume they'd report to/work closely with T10/343i and then they'd report to Phil but idk, that's just assumption on my part so right now it's 6/14 at best, 8/14 at worst.

I think the confusion is they seem to use "first party" differently than most of us do. Which normally means internal studios to most of us.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

Our very own Ryuu96 got a reply from Shannon Loftis on the 14 game thing people been going on about, That is 14 games in partnership with external studios and doesn't include the likes of Sea of Thieves, Halo 6, Gears 4 and Forza 6.

Shows that there is a lot more games in development than people keep deciding there is.

Whoa! Ryuu for the win! Nice job getting a response

So we're looking at Scalebound and ReCore and the like? I'm excited to see what's in store!

Ryuu96 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Whoa! Ryuu for the win! Nice job getting a response

So we're looking at Scalebound and ReCore and the like? I'm excited to see what's in store!

1. Scalebound
  2. Crackdown
  3. Killer Instinct
  4. Phantom Dust HD (She announced this game after the quote so, that's why she didn't mention it)
  5. State of Decay 2
  6. Recore

Not sure if Halo Wars 2 and Forza Horizon 3 count but I've asked, Dead Rising 4 won't count since it's not owned by Microsoft

At best 6/14 (8 Unannounced)

At worst 8/14 (6 Unannounced)

Halo Wars is a tricky one. 343 is helping right? So it's like part first-party, part third-party.

What do you think the others might be? Battletoads? Shadow Complex 2? It's exciting to daydream about the possibilities

Ryuu96 said:
Normchacho said:

Hmm, I stand corrected then. It is weird that she never mentions that it's only external studios though...

She should have been more clear but if you knew what he role was it was kinda clear what she meant, we assumed she meant 2nd party in XBR but I went and got clarification anyway.

• Phil runs Internal American Studios
  • Hanno Lemke runs Internal European Studios
  • Shannon Loftis runs First Party Publishing

The original quote was ‘I head first party game publishing for Xbox One or Windows 10 or any of our platforms, we right now have, I think, 14 games in development." she was clearly speaking about her own division but if you don't know exactly what she does then yeah, people would assume it was all first party games.

Going to try and get clarification if Wars 2 & Horizon 3 are included because I'd assume they'd report to/work closely with T10/343i and then they'd report to Phil but idk, that's just assumption on my part so right now it's 6/14 at best, 8/14 at worst.

I don't think that they acknowledge the term "2nd party". 1st party to them is when they own the studio and IP or just the IP itself and having an outside studio develope the game. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ryuu96 said:

1. Scalebound
  2. Crackdown
  3. Killer Instinct
  4. Phantom Dust HD (She announced this game after the quote so, that's why she didn't mention it)
  5. State of Decay 2
  6. Recore

Not sure if Halo Wars 2 and Forza Horizon 3 count but I've asked, Dead Rising 4 won't count since it's not owned by Microsoft

At best 6/14 (8 Unannounced)

At worst 8/14 (6 Unannounced)

Halo Wars is a tricky one. 343 is helping right? So it's like part first-party, part third-party.

What do you think the others might be? Battletoads? Shadow Complex 2? It's exciting to daydream about the possibilities

With the rumour of Rare working on 2 other titles along side Sea of Thieves I'd persume Battletoads could be one of them and wouldn't be in this list but an external studio working on a Rare IP seems quite likely and would be one of these games, Mistwalker JRPG? We can dream :P Some external studio working on the Fable IP could be possible also. :)

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

With the rumour of Rare working on 2 other titles along side Sea of Thieves I'd persume Battletoads could be one of them and wouldn't be in this list but an external studio working on a Rare IP seems quite likely and would be one of these games, Mistwalker JRPG? We can dream :P Some external studio working on the Fable IP could be possible also. :)

You know who would be great for Battletoads? The Behemoth! That studio has a long history with Xbox and they make a mean beat-em-up.

And, yes, bring back Fable! While Fable 3 was a disappointment, I still think there's huge potential with that property. Imagine an Albion where every decision has a consequence, and you can live your life however you please. Make it happen Microsoft!

CosmicSex said:
KiigelHeart said:
I find it very unlikely they didn't have any exclusives planned for 2018 with new hardware releasing and all.

You don't actually mean exclusives though, right?  You mean something that is also avalible on PC.  Xbox is not to receive any more games exclusive to the box.  

There are no Xbox exclusives, only games that aren't on PlayStation.  

Microsoft exclusives, as the title of this thread says. What matters to me is what I can play with my Xbox 😋

6-9 new console exclusives are pretty good. Hopefully, some jrpgs maybe lost odyssey 2 or a remake.

jason1637 said:
6-9 new console exclusives are pretty good. Hopefully, some jrpgs maybe lost odyssey 2 or a remake.

I don't think that Sakaguchi would make another Lost Odyssey game, he hates sequels, But is possible that he will make another JRPG for the Xbox One.

The only problem with this is that Xbox One have less than 1/10 of the Install Base that the Xbox 360 had in the same time-frame on Japan.

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

I don't think that Sakaguchi would make another Lost Odyssey game, he hates sequels, But is possible that he will make another JRPG for the Xbox One.

The only problem with this is that Xbox One have less than 1/10 of the Install Base that the Xbox 360 had in the same time-frame on Japan.

Yeah but Lost Odyssey sold more WW than in japan if VGChartz is correct.