By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Is Microsoft Running Out Of Exclusives?

Jranation said:
Does exclusives really matter? I mean look at the PSVita and the Wii U.

Is that suppose to be sarcasm? Because it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't. 

Naufraguito said:
Jranation said:

Exclusives matters for the console Wars, that un fact is more importante than gaming already.

Keep hearing people say exclusives don't matter, yet when I check reaction videos,  comments  for Spider-man, God of War, Horizon, etc I see comments of people saying they're going to buy a PS4. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

MS never had many exclusives to begin with, which was fine last gen as Sony messed up by launching a console that was way to expensive at launch and the Cell made it a pain to develop for, resulting in a lot of multiplatform games to ran better on the 360. But despite Sony's terrible start, they still managed to pull through pure on their quality exclusives. Sony learned its lesson though and this gen they got the cheaper console with the better running multiplatform games as well as the exclusives. Not really sure what MS can do to counter that besides investing a shit ton of money in 1st party studios so they can compete with their games instead of software features that nobody really cares about.

Ali_16x said:
Jranation said:

Naufraguito said:

Exclusives matters for the console Wars, that un fact is more importante than gaming already.

Keep hearing people say exclusives don't matter, yet when I check reaction videos,  comments  for Spider-man, God of War, Horizon, etc I see comments of people saying they're going to buy a PS4. 

Exclusives matters but having good exclusives doesn't asure you sales, and having less exclusives doesn't mean that you are gonna fail. There's other selling points, on software and hardware. That is what a lot of people here seems like don't want to understand.

Make a dirty cheap`console that can run all multis and you're going to sell well, add value to your store/software and you will sell well. Make a beast of a machine well priced and you will sell well.

Tim and The Princes...

Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:

Microsoft don't have a history of announcing games not long before release and neither Sony nor Nintendo have, Forza is now a yearly franchise so if they announce Forza Horizon 3, 1 year before the release this would hurt Forza 6's Sales.

Dead Rising 4 wasn't known about and that's something MS could have mentioned before. MCC, X1 BC, Rare Replay, Gears Ultimate, Killer Instinct launched months after announced. I'm sure you'll find numerous other examples in the past and that's something I've mentioned in the past, MS's E3 often announces some titles coming relatively soon while Sony's announcments tend to be more long term.

So,  3 of the 5 examples you gave are Remasters which are easy to release, 1 example is Backwards compatibility that is  in some kind linked to remaster, and 1 game and I'm sure that Sony also had more than 1 game announced close to release.

Forza isn't a example because the game now is a yearly franchise so of course they will announce and release in the same year.

Naufraguito said:
Ali_16x said:

Exclusives matters but having good exclusives doesn't asure you sales, and having less exclusives doesn't mean that you are gonna fail. There's other selling points, on software and hardware. That is what a lot of people here seems like don't want to understand.

Make a dirty cheap`console that can run all multis and you're going to sell well, add value to your store/software and you will sell well. Make a beast of a machine well priced and you will sell well.

Wrong, the reason why the Vita and the Wii U don't sell well is because (with the Vita) a lot of their releases release on Japan only and Nintendo already have the biggest handheld games tied to their console.

The Wii U have good exclusives but don't have many games and this is the reason why the Wii U is one of the only consoles that stay some months without a single release.

A console can't sell without exclusives, you can't be successful without exclusives, Microsoft is aiming in a very expensive Premium console as their way to push the Xbox One, the only reason Xbox One still exist is because of Microsoft's loyal fanbase of the USA, they have a lot of fans but the Worldwide market's situation is where we should see Microsoft's true position in the console market, Xbox is much small out-side of the USA I don't see how they will sell a Premium console without exclusives Out-side of the USA.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Naufraguito said:

Did you also check every reaction video and comment for multi-platform games? I'm pretty sure that there are also many people saying that they are going to buy a specific system for that game, even if it is also available for other systems.

Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:

Uuuhhh...Know.

I head first party game publishing for Xbox One or Windows 10 or any of our platforms. We right now have, i think, 14 games in development. We talked about four of those this morning – Killer Instinct, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, and ReCore. We also have Crackdown 3, which we announced has now been moved into 2017, and there are a few other ones that aren’t quite ready to be talked about yet.

Oh boy, that's not a lot to go with. Sounds like he's just speaking expeditiously and doesn't want to give exact details.

Hence, you're reading too much into his statement. Again, I believe there is more happening than you think.

I'm sorry, what? You think the woman who is in charge of MS first party publishing lied about how many games they have in development to make it seem like they have less going on then they actually do? Despite the fact that her lie doesn't, and won't benefit MS at all?

You're really comfortable with ignoring information taken directly from the horses mouth because it doesn't fit what you HOPE is going on? That is, litteraly textbook confirmation bias.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's still crazy that you were so ready to ignore the given evidence because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Our very own Ryuu96 got a reply from Shannon Loftis on the 14 game thing people been going on about, That is 14 games in partnership with external studios and doesn't include the likes of Sea of Thieves, Halo 6, Gears 4 and Forza 6.

Shows that there is a lot more games in development than people keep deciding there is.

WoodenPints said:

Our very own Ryuu96 got a reply from Shannon Loftis on the 14 game thing people been going on about, That is 14 games in partnership with external studios and doesn't include the likes of Sea of Thieves, Halo 6, Gears 4 and Forza 6.

Shows that there is a lot more games in development than people keep deciding there is.

Hmm, I stand corrected then. It is weird that she never mentions that it's only external studios though...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

WoodenPints said:

So those 14 games include games like Ori, and We Happy Feel ? (I forgot the name).