By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLAMarine said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope, the 95-96 Bulls team is miles better and the NBA was a lot better then it is now.  You also had the team with the most losses this season since the 76ers lost 72.  I totally agree with what Pippen said a couple of month ago that Bulls team would sweep this years Warriors team in a seven game series.

I don't know about that. People say this NBA is worse but if that is so, the same logic applies to the Warriors since they're a part of today's NBA, not Bulls-era NBA. Today's Warriors are a part of today's worse NBA.

That Bulls team was miles better since it actually was great in playing defense and rebounding Rodman shut down Malone in the finals twice he would have a easy time shuttig down the entire Golden State front court.

Around the Network

http://m.imgur.com/Z0WsF6s?r

Lol guys is this true?

Johnw1104 said:
KLAMarine said:

Certainly a good point. On a pure comparison, 73-9 is greater than 72-10.

...and 87-13 to 88-18?

If the number is all that matters, the Bulls still had the more impressive season.

Exactly that team also was dominant in the playoffs and Jordan averaged below 30pts per game in the finals and they still easily won the title. 

Johnw1104 said:
KLAMarine said:

Certainly a good point. On a pure comparison, 73-9 is greater than 72-10.

...and 87-13 to 88-18?

If the number is all that matters, the Bulls still had the more impressive season.

Regular + playoffs, certainly.

Chris Hu said:
KLAMarine said:

I don't know about that. People say this NBA is worse but if that is so, the same logic applies to the Warriors since they're a part of today's NBA, not Bulls-era NBA. Today's Warriors are a part of today's worse NBA.

That Bulls team was miles better since it actually was great in playing defense and rebounding Rodman shut down Malone in the finals twice he would have a easy time shuttig down the entire Golden State front court.

I think it really comes down to the fact the game has changed and the Warriors' success is partially a product of that.  Regular season officiating is tighter than the 90s significantly and makes the game gentler.  This emphasizes high percentage sharp shooters and deemphasizes physicality and hard play in the paint.  If the bulls from 95-96 were transported straight into the 2016 regular season, they wouls have a lot of adjusting to do to avoid foul trouble and other issues.  The warriors going back to 95-96 would get into a lot of trouble with the more physical play.  The big problem the Warriors have - and we saw this in last year's finals - is that the further you go into the post season, the more the gloves come off.  The finals can sometimes be almost as rough and physical as the 90s and they just aren't built for that.  The Cavs and other teams are.  They'll need to adjust for that.  They need more muscle to compliment their shooting.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Lol guys is this true?

lol I guess if it's his initial pre-series prediction it might be right. I remember him picking the Heat to win game 7 against the Spurs, but he initially picked the Spurs and only swapped after they lost game 6.

At the very least, I believe I can confirm the last four finals... he may have favored OKC too.

Chris Hu said:
KLAMarine said:

Perhaps. I'm not terribly comfortable agreeing with you 100% since there's no way to actually pit today's Warriors against 95-96's Bulls.

t3mporary_126 said:

Lol guys is this true?

Yeah that is true but I guess he broke his own curse because I'm almost certain he actually picked Clevland tonight.

KLAMarine said:
Chris Hu said:

Perhaps. I'm not terribly comfortable agreeing with you 100% since there's no way to actually pit today's Warriors against 95-96's Bulls.

Since they lost it all this years Golden State team will be forgotten sooner then this years Caroline Panthers team and the 2007 Patriots team that went undefeated in the regualr season.

Chris Hu said:
KLAMarine said:

Since they lost it all this years Golden State team will be forgotten sooner then this years Caroline Panthers team and the 2007 Patriots team that went undefeated in the regualr season.

I don't think any of this is ever getting forgotten. That's just me.