By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Chris Hu said:
KLAMarine said:
What a season. 73-9 still breaks 72-10 record regardless in my book.

Nope, the 95-96 Bulls team is miles better and the NBA was a lot better then it is now.  You also had the team with the most losses this season since the 76ers lost 72.  I totally agree with what Pippen said a couple of month ago that Bulls team would sweep this years Warriors team in a seven game series.

I don't know about that. People say this NBA is worse but if that is so, the same logic applies to the Warriors since they're a part of today's NBA, not Bulls-era NBA. Today's Warriors are a part of today's worse NBA.

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

The meme make me feel better about losing a bet xD

Haha that one's great.

73-9 is still impressive, but much like the Patriots' perfect regular season it really doesn't mean much. If anything, people will just remember this as an exceptional team that somehow followed up an amazing comeback (down 3-1 to the Thunder) with the biggest choke job in nba finals history (first team to lose a 3-1 lead).

I look forward to seeing what the Warriors do next season. I don't think they'll be in the ballpark of 73-9 again, but they definitely aren't going anywhere and might play with a chip on their shoulder in the playoffs. Also curious to see what they do this off season.

If I had to pick a team to win it all next year, it'd still be the Warriors. The one thing that this series confirmed that the previous finals heavily suggested in my mind, though, is that LeBron is still a tier above Curry. He may be of an age and have the mileage that he has to pace himself in the regular season, but he impacts the game in more ways than anyone else once he reaches the playoffs.

KLAMarine said:
Shadow8 said:

It's from a video titled "Best Cry Ever" on YouTube(it's got like 50m+ views, can't miss it). Basically his son tells him that he still loves him even after all he's done to him and he breaks out in a really weird cry(hence the face). It's less than a minute long if you're interested in it.

I see now, a boxer named Rocky Lockridge. Wow. Hope the guy has beat his addiction.

Yeah its pretty sad, haven't heard anything about his current condition, so I'm not sure if he's beaten it or not. Hopefully he has.

KLAMarine said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope, the 95-96 Bulls team is miles better and the NBA was a lot better then it is now.  You also had the team with the most losses this season since the 76ers lost 72.  I totally agree with what Pippen said a couple of month ago that Bulls team would sweep this years Warriors team in a seven game series.

I don't know about that. People say this NBA is worse but if that is so, the same logic applies to the Warriors since they're a part of today's NBA, not Bulls-era NBA. Today's Warriors are a part of today's worse NBA.

The 96 bulls won 72 and lost only 3 games in the playoffs. Warriors won 73 but lost 10 playoff games. You decide which number is better

Johnw1104 said:
To those who question if LeBron should have won the finals MVP, the man lead both teams in Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, and Blocks for the series.

I'd say this was the easiest finals mvp decision that I can recall lol

I do believe he lead everyone at everything on BOTH teams :P.  

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
KLAMarine said:

The 96 bulls won 72 and lost only 3 games in the playoffs. Warriors won 73 but lost 10 playoff games. You decide which number is better

Certainly a good point. On a pure comparison, 73-9 is greater than 72-10.

Nuvendil said:
Johnw1104 said:
To those who question if LeBron should have won the finals MVP, the man lead both teams in Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, and Blocks for the series.

I'd say this was the easiest finals mvp decision that I can recall lol

lol that's what I said. I really can't recall anyone so dominating a finals series quite like this in some time... I guess Wade '06, Shaq in the early 2000's, Jordan prior... it doesn't happen often.

Johnw1104 said:
Nuvendil said:

lol that's what I said. I really can't recall anyone so dominating a finals series quite like this in some time... I guess Wade '06, Shaq in the early 2000's, Jordan prior... it doesn't happen often.

Oh misread xD

The only performance more singularly dominant was probably Jerry West in 69, where his team lost but he was so singularly astounding he got the MVP anyway.  Against Russell's Celtics no less.

KLAMarine said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Certainly a good point. On a pure comparison, 73-9 is greater than 72-10.

...and 87-13 to 88-18?

If the number is all that matters, the Bulls still had the more impressive season.

Nuvendil said:
Johnw1104 said:

Oh misread xD

The only performance more singularly dominant was probably Jerry West in 69, where his team lost but he was so singularly astounding he got the MVP anyway.  Against Russell's Celtics no less.

Yeah. Also, I forgot about Hakeem back in the early 90's. He pretty much won those finals on his own lol