By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Interesting YouTube numbers from E3! How many views did MS, Sony and Nintendo get?

Jranation said:
Ali_16x said:

Those views mean absolutely nothing, those views are from ads. You can tell if a video has real views by the number of likes/dislikes. God of War of seems to be the biggest game out of E3 if we're going by YouTube because it has the most likes/dislikes.

And the God of War reveal is 10 minutes, if it were a 3 minute video, it would have a LOT more.

How about BF? 

And thats kinda weird to judge something based on the likes or dislikes. Since people who watched it without a google account would be pointless. 

Going by the the official trailers only, yeah Battlefield actually is number 1. I thought this was a big 3 company only thing though.

But if we're going by other videos, God of War has 16.5 million views and I counted videos with 250k+ views only while Battlefield trailer has around 8.5 mil? This is counting trailers only, not a bunch of multiplayer videos.

And it actually isn't weird to go by likes/dislikes because if you go to see videos that have 0 ad views, just regular youtubers, a video with 5 million views probably has 100k+ likes/dislikes while this Xbox slim S has 9 million but only has 73k likes/dislikes so yeah, a lot of it is just ad views which of course makes sense.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Wait? That's funny! It kind of sounds like you're saying Zelda WASN'T the biggest game of E3.

On Youtube its not. Check the OP. Its third behind BF 1 and GOW.

It is in terms of searches, but the search volumes are far lower than views on Youtube. So its up for debate.

Or we could just admit all three were "kings" this year, which is kind of the case

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Dadrik said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It is in terms of searches, but the search volumes are far lower than views on Youtube. So its up for debate.

Or we could just admit all three were "kings" this year, which is kind of the case

Consumers are the real "kings"! Albeit, soon-to-be-poor-kings ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Dadrik said:

Consumers are the real "kings"! Albeit, soon-to-be-poor-kings ^^

Too real.

My wallet is going to die. And so is my social Life :D

So happy !

Dadrik said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Yes, and these kings will empty my wallet :P

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Ali_16x said:

Those views mean absolutely nothing, those views are from ads. You can tell if a video has real views by the number of likes/dislikes. God of War of seems to be the biggest game out of E3 if we're going by YouTube because it has the most likes/dislikes.

And the God of War reveal is 10 minutes, if it were a 3 minute video, it would have a LOT more.

Wait? That's funny! It kind of sounds like you're saying Zelda WASN'T the biggest game of E3.

If we're going by YouTuber videos than yes. I found that God of War reveal trialer has 16.5+ million views and I only counted videos with 250k+ views, I know I could have added more. Oh and trust me, if the God of War trailer was only  < 3 minutes it would have a lot of views because studies have shown that on YouTuber the average person stops viewing a video if it's like 3 minutes longer. And of course this should be common sense, if a video is 1 hour long, rather than 5 minutes, the 5 minute video will have more views.

For the Zelda reveal trailer, there is not 1 video on YouTube that has more than 250k views, so 16.5+ million for GoW vs 6 million for Zelda. You tell me which was the biggest game. I think Zelda appeals to a lot of hardcore fans but I would say GoW is a game that appeals to the mass.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

GOWTLOZ said:
Dadrik said:

Nice nickname btw, just noticed it ! :P

Dadrik said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Nice nickname btw, just noticed it ! :P

Hehe, I thought it was a generic name, thanks anyway xD

All this means is Microsoft spent the most money advertising their top videos on YouTube. And they still ended up second to Sony's 32m views.

YouTube also counts ads as views. So if you're seeing an advertisement before watching a video it's counting to the view the ad video is from.

So all those videos on there have inflated views from people who actually didn't cick to see. So itd be interesting to get the search numbers

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'