By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Interesting YouTube numbers from E3! How many views did MS, Sony and Nintendo get?

pokoko said:
I wish people wouldn't be so eager to attach their egos to things like "most views on Youtube". This is highly variable stuff. If they're within shouting distance of one another than the real world difference is virtually nil.

That being said, I'm very happy for new IPs like We Happy Few, Detroit, and Days Gone. They need the exposure.

Also, good for Battlefield. The game looks amazing and obviously a ton of work went into it.

Yeah, I was quite happy to see so many  new IPs and that they're getting good exposure.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

On Youtube its not. Check the OP. Its third behind BF 1 and GOW.

It is in terms of searches, but the search volumes are far lower than views on Youtube. So its up for debate.

Views on youtube literally mean nothing. A lot of them are most likely ads but above all some of the worst selling games on Youtube have the most views. I'm sure GoW4 will sell really well but we can't gauge everything on youtube views.

Views mean a lot. People who view the trailer for a game may become excited for it. They may not know about a game or be interested in it if they don't view the trailer.

These aren't views through ads. These are the views on the official channels where the trailer came up on youtube. There are also many other videos of these games showing these trailers so the views are higher, but for official trailers these are impressive numbers.

If you look at these games all the top three games belong to franchises that sell well.

pokoko said:
I wish people wouldn't be so eager to attach their egos to things like "most views on Youtube". This is highly variable stuff. If they're within shouting distance of one another than the real world difference is virtually nil.

That being said, I'm very happy for new IPs like We Happy Few, Detroit, and Days Gone. They need the exposure.

Also, good for Battlefield. The game looks amazing and obviously a ton of work went into it.

They are not within shouting distance. There is sizable difference in views between these games. Views aren't everything but they are important.

I'm glad that BF, GOW and TLOZ made it. All of these games look amazing.

True to their style, Sonys first party has really started budding a few years into the gen. I can't remember the last time their output was as big as this though. I finally got to watch the conference yesternight on my commute home and everything was very well presented, I thought the orchestra was a great addition as well.

pokoko said:

Pretty much. 

Youtube views don't equal sales or anything like that. 

What it does show is which games or products are being viewed more and also how many people have seen each video. 

What this is showing is which games/products are being seen the most by consumers who access Youtube. 

No one should care too much about the differences in views for those videos listed in the OP as they're all doing really well to have those many views in the first place. 

What this is showing is that E3 was very popular on Youtube this year thanks to E3 Live and lots of trailers are getting high amounts of views in a short time.