By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Interesting YouTube numbers from E3! How many views did MS, Sony and Nintendo get?

I don't bother paying attention to stuff like this, higher attention on social media and the internet does not mean higher sales.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Maybe a sign of how desperate fans are for a slim XBox :).

Microsoft paid to use it as an ad. 

Jranation said:
Ali_16x said:

Those views mean absolutely nothing, those views are from ads. You can tell if a video has real views by the number of likes/dislikes. God of War of seems to be the biggest game out of E3 if we're going by YouTube because it has the most likes/dislikes.

And the God of War reveal is 10 minutes, if it were a 3 minute video, it would have a LOT more.

How about BF? 

And thats kinda weird to judge something based on the likes or dislikes. Since people who watched it without a google account would be pointless. 

Ok. Don't judge based on likes or dislikes. Judge based on rhe same source that provided the numbers telling you that the video was used as ads. Meaning that MS paid for them, meaning they are inorganic...... 

Or we can just pretend that that didn't happen. Don't you think its telling that from the top 10 games listed baaws on organic searches which is a good indication of public interest; only one game is exclusive to MS and yet 6 is exclusive to Sony......

Barkley said:
I don't bother paying attention to stuff like this, higher attention on social media and the internet does not mean higher sales.

Xbox One would completely disagree with you. 

Intrinsic said:
Barkley said:

Xbox One would completely disagree with you. 

And Infinite Warfare outselling probably everything on that list in the OP would completely agree with me.

Around the Network

Damn 5/10 are Playstation exclusives.

GOWTLOZ said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Wait? That's funny! It kind of sounds like you're saying Zelda WASN'T the biggest game of E3.

On Youtube its not. Check the OP. Its third behind BF 1 and GOW.

It is in terms of searches, but the search volumes are far lower than views on Youtube. So its up for debate.

Views on youtube literally mean nothing. A lot of them are most likely ads but above all some of the worst selling games on Youtube have the most views. I'm sure GoW4 will sell really well but we can't gauge everything on youtube views.

lol initially everyone doubted that Battlefield game and were suspicious of the early data, but it seems fairly consistent that it had one of the best showings at E3.

The disparity between Battlefield 1 and CoD must be troubling for Activision... I know my PS4 friends and I have been curious about BF1 for a while now, but there's not been much discussion at all about CoD.

I wonder if Battlefield might outsell CoD this time?

I wish people wouldn't be so eager to attach their egos to things like "most views on Youtube". This is highly variable stuff. If they're within shouting distance of one another than the real world difference is virtually nil.

That being said, I'm very happy for new IPs like We Happy Few, Detroit, and Days Gone. They need the exposure.

Also, good for Battlefield. The game looks amazing and obviously a ton of work went into it.

DanneSandin said:

I thought this was some interesting numbers about what got the most views and stuff like that

I'm following @ZhugeEX on twitter, and this fellow is posting some interesting game data from time to time! If you're interested in sales and games data, go follow him!

Organic Search - thanks Dadrik!