By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo give Wii U owners a free Zelda: BotW NX copy when they upgrade?

Should they offer Zelda: BotW NX for free?

Yes 17 12.98%

Yes if they buy the Wii U version 44 33.59%

No, people will buy it anyway 22 16.79%

No, offer something else 2 1.53%

No, Nintendo does not need to offer anything 36 27.48%

see results 10 7.63%

Total:131
Ka-pi96 said:
Magnus said:
That would be a nice start, but Nintendo would have to give me at least $200 worth of stuff for buying a Wii U. But let's face it, Nintendo doesn't care about screwing their customers, otherwise they wouldn't have delayed Zelda on Wii U..

If you hate your Wii U that much why not just sell it? You should be able to get at least $100 back. And more assuming you actually own games for it too.

I am considering selling it once I finish my backlog. 

Around the Network

No they should just make a bundle and make zelda botww the equivalent of what wii sports was for the wii. Even though Zelda botww is undoubtly a much bigger and better game

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Just give me a NX bundle day one and I'm in ( providing consoles looks decent). But yeah a special edition NX with zelda console, game and amiboos would fly off the shelves

if you buy it on disc,... no. too much potential for abuse, too hard to implement the give-away, and nintendo doesn't owe you anything for your "loyalty" to the gain (for nintendo) isn't worth the effort.

if you buy it digitally,.. yes.  it should be cross-buy.

Only if they think WiiU owners are going to take their sweet time to upgrade

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I chose option 1, but meant option 2... At the very least they should get the upgrade for, like, $5.

No, because I'm from before the entitlement generation.
There's still a WiiU version of Zelda, buy that.

Nintendo can make the digital version cross buy, that's all.

vivster said:
No. Unless Sony gives PS4 owners a free PS3 copy of The Last Guardian.

Except TLG wasn't a PS4 launch title.

Essentially its a cross buy designed to encourage the WII U owners to move onto NX sooner rather than later. Not sure its needed, if NX has enough nintendo exclusives outside of Zelda, then only the most stubburn of Nintendo gamers will opt for the inferior Wii U game.

Will Sony give people a free PS4 neo uppgrade for us that have bought the PS4? not likely so why should Nintendo.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Knowing Nintendo they probably wont. But! The My Nintendo just came out and maybe you:
- Can get 50% off for the NX Version
- Get coins from Buying the Wii U version which there will be an option to use those coins for a discounted price of the NX version.

Pocky Lover Boy!