By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo give Wii U owners a free Zelda: BotW NX copy when they upgrade?

Should they offer Zelda: BotW NX for free?

Yes 17 12.98%

Yes if they buy the Wii U version 44 33.59%

No, people will buy it anyway 22 16.79%

No, offer something else 2 1.53%

No, Nintendo does not need to offer anything 36 27.48%

see results 10 7.63%

Total:131
vivster said:
No. Unless Sony gives PS4 owners a free PS3 copy of The Last Guardian.

I'm down with that.  The Trico teaser image they published was one of the biggest reasons I bought a PS3.

Around the Network

That would be a nice start, but Nintendo would have to give me at least $200 worth of stuff for buying a Wii U. But let's face it, Nintendo doesn't care about screwing their customers, otherwise they wouldn't have delayed Zelda on Wii U..

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

Systems can be linked to accounts and if you do that, Nintendo knows what you own.

Oh, well that makes sense I guess.

Potentially giving out nearly 15m copies of a game for free still doesn't make much sense though

Well you still need to buy the console to play it so not everyone may be upgrading.

It would be nice, but I don't really see Nintendo doing this

Whether this would be a good move for Nintendo to boost sales, I'm not so sure

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Practically impossible for physical copies, but I don't see why it shouldn't happen with digital copies. It's an excellent sign of goodwill and will probably make it easier for people to get an NX. Providing the NX version for free for owners of the Wii U version shouldn't hurt the profits too much either, I think. Not a lot of people are going to be buying the same game on multiple platforms anyway. In my opinion, goodwill is worth a lot more than what Nintendo can profit from selling the same game twice to some people.

Around the Network

No they shouldn't because people will buy the game regardless.

People need to stop being so cheap and asking for handouts.

I think a general coupon towards a NX for anyone who has their original wii u box (upc code) would be a good way of apologizing for the seriously bad support for the Wii U.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

No. This isnt a charity

RolStoppable said:
If somebody wants to get rewarded for loyalty, they can already use My Nintendo. New rewards are added frequently, so the chance that reward points will expire is relatively low.

Chances are that there will be rewards points for linking an NX to your My Nintendo account, so people will get something for free or a discount. Probably not a $60 value, but still something.

Then, first make My Nintendo available worldwide.

Op: yes. Same as the ambassador program. Wii U feels worse than a price cut and we should demand an apology.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

no, buying anything is somewhat a risk.

game delays happen. Nintendo is generally awesome at releasing games when they say they will. 

Wii U gamers can still buy the game for the Wii U OR they can upgrade to an NX. its their decision. the option is there. its absurd to expect Nintendo to give out free copies of a game as some sort of reward for someone buying their new system when they are offering the game on BOTH systems

if Nintendo had originally said "the game will be on the Wii U" and then it ended up ONLY on the NX that would be different, but Wii U fans can get the game there.

strange concept, that you're owed something. people should only be buying consoles if they're comfortable with the libraries and whats immediately available. you don't preemptively buy something with the hope that years from now you'll find a reason to be happy with the purchase