By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo of America: "Grab a Wii U while you can"

RolStoppable said:
Dunban67 said:

You don t need anything as Nintendo and Iwata said as much-  they would keep supporting the wiiu... NX not a replacement,.... blah blah blah- 

Like i said before< Nintendo means: " Leave luck to heaven but the lying to us"  Pretty sure that is Their corporate motto-

and you are the oly person to beleive what you are saying-  some fanboys might say they do out of misguided loyalty but they woudl not beleve it if they are over the age of 10

You are free to provide quotes.

theyre already provided for yo but you chose to ignore them- and there are more were those came from-

Around the Network

Drop the price of your games Nintendo, you price your games too high for someone like me that wants to experiment with new titles.

think-man said:
Drop the price of your games Nintendo, you price your games too high for someone like me that wants to experiment with new titles.

It's crazy because SSB Melee is $50 at Gamestop yesterday. 

sc94597 said:
aLkaLiNE said:
There's still software emulation you guys. If people can already run a game or two from WiiU on PC, then I'd imagine Nintendo is able to emulate their own games on the upcoming hardware, pending architectural design choices.

Depends on how powerful the NX is. I think it is possible if the NX has a decent CPU (at least an i5 equivalent), but modern consoles (PS4/XBO) don't have decent CPU's.  Nintendo has the advantage of known the Wii U's hardware architecture rigorously to make the emulator efficient, but they don't have the motivation. 

Sure they do! Nintendo isn't reliant on third party for the bulk of their income so they have more reason to create and cater to a core audience, implementing consumer friendly ideas such as free online and backward compatibility. Those combined with the stellar first party make up for (and please don't take this the wrong way) the lesser amount of third party software that is typically associated with their platforms. 

Backward compatibility is a major reason for ANY consumer to buy into a platform.

RolStoppable said:
midrange said:

Well, with that being said, nothing is stopping my (or the author's) interpretation from holding more wieght over yours. I still hold on to my claim because they really wanted to hammer down the point that the wii u would not be replaced

Logical reasoning is a hurdle that you and the author aren't going to overcome. I mean, come on. If Nintendo wanted to hammer down the point that the Wii U and NX would live a happy life side by side, then you would have no trouble to find quotes that explicitly say so. The only thing that was coming out of Nintendo was reassurance that the Wii U would still get games through 2016, but there were no promises or anything like that for 2017 and beyond.

Your interpretation that NX was ever supposed to be something like the PS4 Neo is especially whack, because the actual quote you already posted refers to NX as a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept.

Well, and have they kept their promise with several games releasing for WiiU up to now and until NX releases?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
think-man said:

It's crazy because SSB Melee is $50 at Gamestop yesterday. 

Yep, and people is ok with paying those prices... but for some reason complain about the price of the HW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, and have they kept their promise with several games releasing for WiiU up to now and until NX releases?

Yes, they've kept that promise. The amount of Nintendo first party titles for the Wii U has been similar for each year.

Then no one can complain, unless the people that have been waiting zelda through all the delays.

Guess it was inevitable.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

RolStoppable said:
midrange said:

Well, with that being said, nothing is stopping my (or the author's) interpretation from holding more wieght over yours. I still hold on to my claim because they really wanted to hammer down the point that the wii u would not be replaced

Logical reasoning is a hurdle that you and the author aren't going to overcome. I mean, come on. If Nintendo wanted to hammer down the point that the Wii U and NX would live a happy life side by side, then you would have no trouble to find quotes that explicitly say so. The only thing that was coming out of Nintendo was reassurance that the Wii U would still get games through 2016, but there were no promises or anything like that for 2017 and beyond.

Your interpretation that NX was ever supposed to be something like the PS4 Neo is especially whack, because the actual quote you already posted refers to NX as a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept.

Lol, first off the neo and the xbox scorpio are new concepts. The ability to support 4k gaming hasn't been done yet for consoles. But they are not replacing the current gen because the current gen is still selling.

As for the NX, Nintendo has always said that the NX would not replace the wii u:

"The NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS", said Kimishima (as translated by NeoGAF user GSR). "It's a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don't feel it's a pure replacement for the Wii U."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/nintendo-president-nx-is-not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds

"That being said, I can assure you we're not building the next version of Wii or Wii U"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/nx_wont_be_the_next_version_of_wii_or_wii_u_says_nintendo_president_tatsumi_kimishima

But now we are replacing the wii u with the NX being the successor. Of course I could always find more sources, but before I spend more time on this, I'd like to see your sources that claim the NX was always meant to replace the wii u.

Tigerlure said:
Not for that price. Maybe when it gets down to $199.

So many people are asking for this! Sorry tigerfure, that will never happen. at least not by Nintendo! Tablet controller cost isn't letting them to do it or even do any significant price drop ( add to this, that there are only wii u bundles with games, NINTENDO won't sell them for free )!  199$ could be the price of wii u without the gamepad and if it was, you would be probably asking  for a 149$ price now!