By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU version of Zelda:BotW should be a late release. NX first.

I will buy NX for this no problem!

And in Nintendo shoes I would have done the same... NX has to come before WiiU now or what is the point to wait for this?

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Stefan51278 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Zelda BotW project start life like Wii U project, upgraded Wii U version of game cant be real showcase for NX.

Yeah, but double the pixel from 720p to 1080p, double the framerate from 30 to 60 fps and increase the level of detail/drawing distance to have less pop-ins and higher details in more distant objects. Besides that you lose some perfomance because that engine is highly optimized for the Wii U hardware and you are not able to optimize it to that level for the very new hardware with a different architecture for CPU, GPU and the entire system.

If the NX-iteration for March 2017 is just a low-power-version of the Xbone like some rumours suggest…the dev-team will need months to make most of the things I mentioned happen on it and I'm not sure all of the things on the list would be possible on that hardware.

For that case it will not be a showcase for a fully optimized game, but it will show the difference to the Wii U and give the new platform a very impressive launchgame/systemseller.

Agree but that again wouldn't be real graphical showcase for NX, that would be NX built from ground for NX hardware.

Things they can do on NX version is 1080p, AA and without any pop up.

Also I am almost certain they will not go for 60 fps for NX version of game, they talked how 3D Zelda doesn't need 60 fps, and there is no one single 3D Zelda that works on 60 fps including HD remasters WW HD and TP HD.

Lol. No. This would be suicide for Nintendo.

Cobretti2 said:
Wow so many salty people in this thread.

"betrayed their fans" - how? the game will come out on Wii U

"output has been shit" - no different than the competition. Difference being they have 3rd party support to feel the gaps. If you want better output buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles.

Wii U has failed, There is plenty of decent games on it already to have made your purchase worth it.

If you really think that Nintendo were not going to use Zelda as a launch trump card to push NX sales then you weren't paying attention when the game was delayed by 2 years or even when they announced it for NX

Even if it was a failure, Wii U should have an exclusive Zelda title. It is inexcusable that it doesn't. And it's Nintendo's fault that there are not third party games on their consoles.

Magnus said:
Cobretti2 said:
Wow so many salty people in this thread.

"betrayed their fans" - how? the game will come out on Wii U

"output has been shit" - no different than the competition. Difference being they have 3rd party support to feel the gaps. If you want better output buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles.

Wii U has failed, There is plenty of decent games on it already to have made your purchase worth it.

If you really think that Nintendo were not going to use Zelda as a launch trump card to push NX sales then you weren't paying attention when the game was delayed by 2 years or even when they announced it for NX

Even if it was a failure, Wii U should have an exclusive Zelda title. It is inexcusable that it doesn't. And it's Nintendo's fault that there are not third party games on their consoles.

Exactly it is their fauly hence why they trying to move on from Wii U ASAP.  There is no value of givingWii U an exclusive Zelda when in the end it will do jack shit towards sales. That is just common sense. No where does it say in the terms and conditions when you buy a consoel that these games will be exclusive lol.

Around the Network

No. I disagree. Wii U owners have been waiting for this for a long time. It's not really a good idea to let them down even more.

Besides... i doubt anything can save the NX from a worse fate.

FunFan said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Nothing builds confidence in buying a new console than screwing over owners.

No one is screwing anyone over because theres no cancellation. And no matter how pissed off Ninty fans are, when they see it on NX in stores they are forgetting their disgust for sure.

I'm only buying the game on Wii U. I'm not buying NX. Till it proves that it won't fail. So, if they shit on the Wii U version. I don't buy the game at all.

Cobretti2 said:
Magnus said:

Exactly it is their fauly hence why they trying to move on from Wii U ASAP.  There is no value of givingWii U an exclusive Zelda when in the end it will do jack shit towards sales. That is just common sense. No where does it say in the terms and conditions when you buy a consoel that these games will be exclusive lol.

Nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say every Nintendo console must have a Mario title, yet people would burn Nintendo HQ if they dared make a console without Mario. Nintendo should have moved from the Wii U in 2013 or make an exclusive Zelda for it, not promise support and then fall short.

i sure hope not, this way I dont buy a NX lol

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25