By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU version of Zelda:BotW should be a late release. NX first.

Wow so many salty people in this thread.

"betrayed their fans" - how? the game will come out on Wii U

"output has been shit" - no different than the competition. Difference being they have 3rd party support to feel the gaps. If you want better output buy 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles.

Wii U has failed, There is plenty of decent games on it already to have made your purchase worth it.

If you really think that Nintendo were not going to use Zelda as a launch trump card to push NX sales then you weren't paying attention when the game was delayed by 2 years or even when they announced it for NX

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well this Zelda will definitely bring and some people that are not just Ninety faithful, I saw lots a positive comments from people that skipped Wii U or never before played Zelda, saying they will buy NX for this game. This Zelda alone will definitely be huge system seller, but of course it not be only NX launch title.

That didnt really answer my question. And I would have to disagree, people could say whatever sales matter in the end. Money talks and all that. Best selling single Zelda game is still OOT for N64 and that system still only ended up selling about 35 mil? Im not saying it wont boost by being a launch title but I dont think its going to be that huge. Lifetime sales might be 7mil for NX version which is about what the series best games sell anyway

I really don't see how this affect on Wii U owners, they will still get game even if come out few weeks later than NX version, that really doesn't change much for Wii U platform or Wii U owners. Nintendo already dont that with TP GC version.

If some game is system seller that doesn't mean that game alone will sell at least 20m of consoles or that console only beacuse of that game will sell 50m+, for instance in case of N64 I am pretty sure that without OoT N64 would sell at least 5-6m consoles less than it actualy sold, and just those 5m is huge number of consoles (around 15% from final number of sold consoles) just beacuse one game, also if OoT was N64 launch title N64 would sold more console than actualy was. So I dont saying NX version of BotW will sell tens of millions of NX consoles, but will definitely will help very much NX to take off and have successful launch and 1st year and thats very important for new platform. Wii U didnt had system seller or some hyped game in its whole 1st year, but Zelda BotW is very hyped and huge game and people are curently very exatited about NX even dont know anuthing yet just beacuse of this Zelda.

Blester said:
No, in fact it should be the other way around. They should release Zelda in November for Wii U and at release for NX.

In that way when Zelda would released on NX it wouldnt be new game it would be just port of Wii U game but  if they relase game on NX first or in same time with Wii U version that means NX getting brand new game and not just a Wii U port, and that will have much stronger effect on NX launch and that is whole point. And definitely some people would buy Wii U in order to play this game because they couldn't wait for NX version and thats not something Nintendo wants beacuse they want people buy comopletly new platform for which tehy will relase tons of game in future instead of already dead platform without any future.

Nintendo already done that with Wii version of Twilight Princess, when they relased it two weeks before GC version and that relly paid them back, its alsmost certain they will do something similar with this Zelda also.

I don't care about the release, but IF the NX is a decent jump in horsepower over the Wii U I want better graphics.

Not just better resolution (as in "lets just bump it to 1080P and call it a day").

C'mon Nintendo this is probably meant to be the showcase title for your *new* hardware, show some pride and take advantage of the added horsepower. A game like Zelda could use it.

Soundwave said:
I don't care about the release, but IF the NX is a decent jump in horsepower over the Wii U I want better graphics.

Not just better resolution (as in "lets just bump it to 1080P and call it a day").

C'mon Nintendo this is probably meant to be the showcase title for your *new* hardware, show some pride and take advantage of the added horsepower. A game like Zelda could use it.

I dont think thats gonna happen

Around the Network

Because of technical problems this game will slightly be delayed on the Wii U...

Because Wii U owners haven't been waiting long enough?

Soundwave said:

Zelda BotW project start life like Wii U project, upgraded Wii U version of game cant be real showcase for NX.

No, I think they should stick to simultaneous release. That just wouldn't be fair to Wii U owners, who've had to painfully wait so long already.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Zelda BotW project start life like Wii U project, upgraded Wii U version of game cant be real showcase for NX.

Yeah, but double the pixel from 720p to 1080p, double the framerate from 30 to 60 fps and increase the level of detail/drawing distance to have less pop-ins and higher details in more distant objects. Besides that you lose some perfomance because that engine is highly optimized for the Wii U hardware and you are not able to optimize it to that level for the very new hardware with a different architecture for CPU, GPU and the entire system.

If the NX-iteration for March 2017 is just a low-power-version of the Xbone like some rumours suggest…the dev-team will need months to make most of the things I mentioned happen on it and I'm not sure all of the things on the list would be possible on that hardware.

For that case it will not be a showcase for a fully optimized game, but it will show the difference to the Wii U and give the new platform a very impressive launchgame/systemseller.