By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Neo is focused on 4k gaming, make no mistake.

vivster said:
If Sony forces developers to make their games 4k30 instead of 1080p60 just for bragging rights I will hate them even more.

This doesn't make sense.  Developers are gonna do whats best for their vision.  I am expecting 1080p60 flawless upscaled to 4k.

And of course native 4k 30 fps games like an enhanced Uncharted 4.  Why hate :)

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
vivster said:
If Sony forces developers to make their games 4k30 instead of 1080p60 just for bragging rights I will hate them even more.

This doesn't make sense.  Developers are gonna do whats best for their vision.  I am expecting 1080p60 flawless upscaled to 4k.

A 4k internal upscaler would probably cost at much as a current-day PS4 retail.... Unless you love lots of input lag...

You need 4x the power then what the PS4 can do to hit 4k and so far with the rumoured Neo Specs, its not 4x the power. I do expect Sony to tweak the final specs but if its not 6tf+ I highly doubt any stable 4k gameplay.

O no, people are downplaying the Neo. Should I write a thread about it?

For the specs leaked I would buy at 400,00 for the VR usage and perhaps 4k movies... but if they want to charge more they better put a very good HW so the 4k is justifiable buy

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The Processor in the Neo is absolutely horrible, sure 4K is mostly about the GPU but currently in the PS4 the CPU is already the bottleneck, the Scorpio if rumoured 6Tflops are true will have a hard time with 4K but the Neo will just have an IMPOSSIBLE 4k experience in AAA games.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Man I was still skeptical about the Scorpio, let alone the Neo... I'm going to have to see this to believe it lol

Like anyone I enjoy better visuals, but I really hope we don't continue to see games that run poorly as they feel obligated to stretch the console to its absolute limits so that it can be marketed as being 4k (formerly 1080p).

Really, the next year will be a big test of Sony for me. First was their VR that I find so damn hard to believe will run well on the original PS4, and now claims that the Neo will run 4k... I have to believe they know it's possible as I don't know why they'd claim it was otherwise, but the hardware just seems insufficient.

Guitarguy said:
CosmicSex said:

A 4k internal upscaler would probably cost at much as a current-day PS4 retail.... Unless you love lots of input lag...

It has been reported that the Xbox Slim Model will upscale games to 4k.  So, obviously it not what you are making it out to be. 

CosmicSex said:
Guitarguy said:

It has been reported that the Xbox Slim Model will upscale games to 4k.  So, obviously it not what you are making it out to be. 

Any citation for this? As far as I know the Slim will only allow for 4k playback via streaming/blu ray.

Guitarguy said:
teigaga said:
because all games will be upscaled and imagine many will manage 1440p

Many TV's have problems with irregular resolutions like 1440P.... Some 4k TVs don't even output 1440P natively...

If theres no regular resolution between 1080p and 4k, then 1080p upscalled it is. Essentially his statement is empty unless he references native 4k gaming