By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Scorpio wont do 4K 60fps, even 30 at ULTRA only at LOW settings.

Doesn't matter if it doesn't run 4k or not. It blows Neo out of the water and I'm thinking that this might be the real reason we have so many anti scorpio threads.

Seems like there are more threads trying to downplay Scorpio than anything else these days.

Around the Network
iNathan said:

6Tflops is not enough for 4K gaming, in fact 4K Ultra in most games is out of question even at 30fps, maybe at 10fps they will make it...

More cinematic experiences? 

Better use that power for better AA and graphics, ultra settings at 1080/60.

Here is proof that Scorpio is doomed when it comes to Triple A 4K Gaming. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXL0XQglJI

Need more? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuViSYChy7Q

Get REAL, dont fall for PR Hype. 

Woow looks like Xbox Scorpio getting lots of attention from people and they trying to be negative about it :)

Nahh, you are wrong dude! It will play games at 4k 60fps

2d games that is!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bandorr said:
bunchanumbers said:
Doesn't matter if it doesn't run 4k or not. It blows Neo out of the water and I'm thinking that this might be the real reason we have so many anti scorpio threads.

Seems like there are more threads trying to downplay Scorpio than anything else these days.

So it doesn't matter that it won't offer what is suppose to - as long as it does better than the competition?

That is.. fairly awkward. It comes off as "lie to me all you want as long as you beat sony".

Not really. First of all there is no proof that Scorpio can or can't run at 4K. All we have is theoretical numbers, hardware setups that may or may not be like Scorpio and peoples prayers that it somehow can't run games at 4k. Its why we got all these other wrinkles thrown in now.

Now it has to be 4K and 60 fps. Or it has to be 4k, 60 fps and Max settings. Next it'll have to be 4K, 60 fps, Ultra settings, and 4xAA.

Its all an attempt to downplay the  most powerful console ever produced in gaming history.

With some optimization, it can. A 980ti can do that on medium @ 30 fps and as we know that Neo is probably using a 480 that's pretty close to a regular 980, the AMD GPU used on the Scorpio is probably closer to a 980ti, so that's quite a punch.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
bunchanumbers said:

Not really. First of all there is no proof that Scorpio can or can't run at 4K. All we have is theoretical numbers, hardware setups that may or may not be like Scorpio and peoples prayers that it somehow can't run games at 4k. Its why we got all these other wrinkles thrown in now.

Now it has to be 4K and 60 fps. Or it has to be 4k, 60 fps and Max settings. Next it'll have to be 4K, 60 fps, Ultra settings, and 4xAA.

Its all an attempt to downplay the  most powerful console ever produced in gaming history.

Yet you seem to be mad at people questoning it.  That people would even "dare" question the the scorpio will do anything that wasn't mentioned.

Why is that? Why do you seem so mad that others would actually question if it is possible or not? Not to mention idolizing something as "most powerful console ever produced in gaming history.".

Perhaps you are far too close to this system that won't be out for more THAN A YEAR.

What do you mean? Is there a console out there that is more powerful than Scorpio? Did Sony come out and announce a 5k 10TF console that I'm not aware of? Nintendo already said that they will let the twins duke it out over hardware power. And Sony pulled Neo from their E3 lineup.

So until Neo comes out of the woodwork with Neo, we really have no choice but to admit that Scorpio is the most powerful console in the history of mankind.

Ganoncrotch said:
Is this based on a PC with that spec? again should this come down to going over the fact that GTAV runs on an xbox360 with its massive 512mb of RAM when a PC with the same couldn't even load the intro graphics, stop comparing them on paper it'll do you no good.

Same as always, wait and see imo, don't judge something 18 months before it is on a shelf, or judge it... but relax, it won't bite you from the future!

Console APIs are not made of magic and the RAM is a really bad example in this comparison.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Again we go through this? Guess I shouldn't be surprised, any time a console is announced your going to get people spreading this kind of info based on apples to oranges comparisons.

Just wait for the consoles to arrive and prove this wrong again, just like has happened every single time.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Bandorr said:
bunchanumbers said:

What do you mean? Is there a console out there that is more powerful than Scorpio? Did Sony come out and announce a 5k 10TF console that I'm not aware of? Nintendo already said that they will let the twins duke it out over hardware power. And Sony pulled Neo from their E3 lineup.

So until Neo comes out of the woodwork with Neo, we really have no choice but to admit that Scorpio is the most powerful console in the history of mankind.

So the console that isn't out yet, that hasn't been shown is more powerful than the console that isn't out yet, that hasn't been shown, and that no one has tried.

Gotcha.  You may want to ask your self why you would care if one is more powerful than another, and why it bothers you if people question that possiblity. You may be surprised what you find out and come out a better person.

Or at least one not so angry at little details.

Oh I'm not angry in the least. I'm a Wii U gamer. Resolution means squat to me. I just think that its funny that people are trying to downplay a genuine achievement in gaming history because it doesn't agree with their corporate philosophy.

You may wanna ask yourself why this matters so much to you. Some self reflection might do some good.

The title is probably quite an exaggeration. It probably won't play games at really high settings, but games get optimized way better for consoles than they do for PC, so 'low' is probably too low.