By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Scorpio wont do 4K 60fps, even 30 at ULTRA only at LOW settings.

Consoles are far better optimised when it comes to getting the most out of it's hardware. The code is far cleaner as well. PC games have so many things to account for with resource allocation. Consoles aren't barred down from this nor a heavy OS. They are optimised for games and this kind of things. Go look at the specs of any console, now look at a PC with the same specs/build. You will find that the console version run's smoother and looks better. Why? Because it's optimised. That's why Consoles don't ever needs to be as strong as PC's to look good, but a powerful PC will obviously leave it in the dust. Of course that's up to the developers to take advantage of it and take the time to actually kink out the bugs.

Long story short. Yeah, it's enough to be 4k at 30 fps. At a console level, it may even be 60 fps in most games. Games that look on the calibre of Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn. Fuck no.

Around the Network
iNathan said:

6Tflops is not enough for 4K gaming, in fact 4K Ultra in most games is out of question even at 30fps, maybe at 10fps they will make it...

More cinematic experiences? 

Better use that power for better AA and graphics, ultra settings at 1080/60.

Here is proof that Scorpio is doomed when it comes to Triple A 4K Gaming. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXL0XQglJI

Need more? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuViSYChy7Q

Get REAL, dont fall for PR Hype. 

Flops as in "6Tflops" isn't an accurate representation of performance and is no way a definite assumption that certain hardware is capable of rendering at a particular resolution with a degree of expected graphics quality.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Will these new consoles be like if you just want a better performance you can change resolution ? That would be cool cause i dont have or will have a 4k tv but it would be awsome if we able to choose performance boost over res.

In theory if a game is being rendered at 4k and you only have a 1080P monitor, then the console should downscale the image, resulting in superior image quality over a standard 1080P rendered image anyway.

barneystinson69 said:
Mar1217 said:

Guilible people will fall for it. True gamers won't.

+ The price of this upgrade is going to be HUGE ! Don't expect something under 500 $, that's for sure.

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-faster-than-nano-980/

199$ and has 6Tflops. In a year and a 1/2, that'll be closer to 100$. Similar price as the XB1 and PS4 GPU when they launched, so it can go for 400$

Because Sony and Microsoft grab $200 off-the-shelf GPU's? No they don't.
They are already paying less than $200, significantly so. There is no dedicated extra Ram to buy, it leaches off system memory, over-engineered power delivery system is consolidated, there is no complex multi-layered PCB with tons of traces, there is no expensive dedicated cooler. And they buy in bulk.

daredevil.shark said:
Phil Spencer is a big talker. I knew it the moment he mentioned. 60 fps at 4K is too much. For example 4K video player requires minimum 2GB of RAM. Plus in 2017 it will already be outdated.

There is this thing called compression.

torok said:
With some optimization, it can. A 980ti can do that on medium @ 30 fps and as we know that Neo is probably using a 480 that's pretty close to a regular 980, the AMD GPU used on the Scorpio is probably closer to a 980ti, so that's quite a punch.

Agreed!

lionpetercarmoo said:

Nobody knows anything about Scorpio or Neo so we should just wait for the specs. Personally I don't think it will do 4K gaming and there will be a catch.

To be fair the current Xbox One and Playstation 4 can technically do 4k gaming. Now, it doesn't happen because the hardware isn't fast enough.

You might be right that there will be some caveats, but we will have to wait and see... I think 1440P is the likely target with a serious increase in fidelity.

Ruler said:
Plus benchmarks are done on high performance intel cpus who are overclocked, not apus

While you are right, consoles are a little different though, the software being run is usually a little leaner to keep within the processing budget.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

vivster said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Is this based on a PC with that spec? again should this come down to going over the fact that GTAV runs on an xbox360 with its massive 512mb of RAM when a PC with the same couldn't even load the intro graphics, stop comparing them on paper it'll do you no good.

Same as always, wait and see imo, don't judge something 18 months before it is on a shelf, or judge it... but relax, it won't bite you from the future!

Console APIs are not made of magic and the RAM is a really bad example in this comparison.

Wasn't suggesting they were in the slightest, Here if the X360 had it's graphics card, double the system memory and even a free extra CPU core to mess around with, this is still how a PC with these specs would compare to the min requirements for the PC GTAV

Optimization =/= Magic, only some companies would have you believe it was.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Developers will always choose better graphical effects over resolution and frame rate as is evident by this generation already. It doesn't matter if the Scorpio is powerful enough to run Battlefield 1 at 4k 60fps, because Dice or whoever will just shove fancier shaders and other graphical effects on it instead.

Better graphics that are visible on a 1080p screen is not only easier to market but also benefits everyone with the machine, there WILL be people running Scorpio on a 1080p display, even though 4k is becoming more and more affordable.

So it probably won't do 4k 60fps on most games, but they'll look much better than the XBO equivelent.

30 fps XBO games won't run in native 4k and 60fps. That is obvious. Nobody ever said that it will magically bring us more frames, higher resolution and higher graphical settings at once. No idea why this is even something people discuss.

It should be either around same settings as the normal XBO version just in 4k (I guess that is possible) or, what I would prefer, to play still in 1080p but with better graphical settings and 60fps instead of 30fps (for singleplayer, competitive multiplayer should be the same for everyone)

Scorpio isn't even a new console generation, it still has 5x the teraflops as the XBO and people complain and complain and complain. It's getting ridiculous.  We get more threads about Scorpio whic his only an addition to XBO as we got about XBO, Wii U or PS4 when these were announced...

Around the Network

Always foolish to compare what a console can do compared to a PC, at the same spec consoles always far out strip PC's

That being said, unless MS actually mandate 60fps, expect a lot of games to be 30fps, developers will always push graphics to the point where they are happy to sacrifice frame rate.

What im more interested in is if MS will allow framerate and resolution options, for those still on HD teles they will want to drop to 1080p 60fps everytime

binary solo said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Will these new consoles be like if you just want a better performance you can change resolution ? That would be cool cause i dont have or will have a 4k tv but it would be awsome if we able to choose performance boost over res.

Spencer has said if you only have a 1080p then the extra power from Scorpio will be useless to you. So that suggest ALL of the extra power in Scorpio will be dedicated to 4K output, and there will be no power available for better graphics.

Unless he's lying in order to promote Slim sales this holidays, it seems like MS has made an unfathomable decision in pushing out a 6TF machine where games won't look or play any better than on their original 1.32TF machine, aside from the 4K thing.

I feel like it should go without saying that he was lying/misleading consumers. 

iNathan said:

6Tflops is not enough for 4K gaming, in fact 4K Ultra in most games is out of question even at 30fps, maybe at 10fps they will make it...

More cinematic experiences? 

Better use that power for better AA and graphics, ultra settings at 1080/60.

Here is proof that Scorpio is doomed when it comes to Triple A 4K Gaming. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXL0XQglJI

Need more? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuViSYChy7Q

Get REAL, dont fall for PR Hype. 

FIRST POST HERE!

Anyway scorpio will absolutely be able to do 4k resolution with 30fps. We don't know exact perfomance of the gpu but it has >6 teraflops therefor is more powerful than the new radeon RX 480. From this we can conclude the gpu will be 10 % higher perfomance than radeon 390x and around 15-20 % than geforce 980.

I don't know if you were trolling or just didn't realise but your videos proved that scorpio will be able to do 4k30fps with very high setting. In the first video you posted, geforce 1070 manage 4k30fps just fine in all the games except assassin creed unity. And Scorpios gpu should be close to geforce 1070. 

Second video you posted geforce 980 managed around 25 fps in all games in 4k. And Scorpios gpu will be around 15-20 % faster than geforce 980.

Anyway I hope a moderator will edit your post with a warning that you are spreading misinformation, since what you posted is wrong.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

The question is not if Scorpio can run 4k at 30 or 60fps, the question is if developers can make games at 4k and 30 or 60fps that can run in Scorpio. I say absolutely yes, if they put the necessary effort.

Tim and The Princes...

bunchanumbers said:
Doesn't matter if it doesn't run 4k or not. It blows Neo out of the water and I'm thinking that this might be the real reason we have so many anti scorpio threads.

Seems like there are more threads trying to downplay Scorpio than anything else these days.

I feel like your right with this, the Neo is a in-between thing that isn't quite powerfull enough to really do much more the the original ps4  where as the scorpio will be more then powerfull enough to run PC-Like VR experiences and with some games will run 4K properly, actually, it will run a lot of games on 30fps/4k I am quite sure, which is a impressive feet!

Twitter @CyberMalistix