By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Microsoft Will Release Games On Steam

On this episode of Phil Spencer Says:

Spencer says that Microsoft is not going to abandon Steam in terms of publishing games:

"I look at Steam today, it's on an incredible growth trajectory. It's a massive force in gaming; a positive force. I think it will be bigger a year from now than it is today. And five years later it will still be bigger again," he said. "I look at Valve as an important [independent software vendor] for us on Windows. They are a critical part of gaming's success on Windows. I don't think Valve's hurt by not having our first-party games in their store right now. They're doing incredible well. We will ship games on Steam again."

http://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft-will-keep-releasing-pc-games-steam-will-improve-windows-store-launches-0

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Such madness. This reminds me of the whole Windows Phone situation. Release your own software on competitors' services.

They want to feed everyone and leave nothing special for their own children. 😤

When will it end? 😢

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

As always with this kind of things, I'll believe it when I see it. But I have to admit that I'll be very surprised if they do.

That said, I wouldn't mind if MSoft kept their games exclusive om their platform for a year or so before launching them on other digital stores.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

As Xbox fan I'm glad they going more open the more software sell more sequel we will see from that game

That's pretty swell. I like that Phil Spencer has taken steps to ensure that the Xbox/Microsoft gaming brand is consumer friendly.

bet: lost

Around the Network

That would be awesome, there aren't enough games I'm interested in for me to buy an Xbox or upgrade to Win 10, so if they start doing this they'll likely get a few sales from me.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

We will have to wait and see how this plays out. I thought that Microsoft could actually use Gears, Forza, Halo, and agreements like Tomb Raider and DR4 to build up its store... Looking at the strong PC push now, I thought that Microsoft was going to attempt a war against Steam.

I don't think they'll be putting their big games on Steam. Maybe smaller games though.

As I said elsewhere, let's see what this means before we take it at face value. Lots of ways this can go. It might just end up being second party games where Microsoft doesn't own the IP or indie titles. Who knows? I'm certainly not going to simply assume that Microsoft suddenly wants to put the consumer before their own business objectives.

interesting so if you buy the steam version will that still aloow for cross play and acheivements, or is that the USP of the windows store version