By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Microsoft Will Release Games On Steam

Good move Microsoft, steam got 50 million users it would be stupid for Microsoft not to put their games on steam.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
So basically what Phil is saying is. PS4 and PC ftw.

Basically it means PC, to them meaning Windows 10, owned by MS which would also mean PS4+MS ftw.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

He is master or deception. What will he say next? They will release games on psn / eshop. Jokes aside Phil, please make your mind. People don't like conflicted messages.

I like how people are so excited but I am sure it will just be limited to Windows 10 and the game will just launch the UWP thing with the steam overlay. Until I see what they mean by "we will ship on steam." I am not gonna rejoice!

Heck, imo, they will probably ship the third party ones like Scalebound on Steam while keeping their first party titles on Windows Store. MS has spent a lot on Windows 10 and I doubt they are gonna go all friendly on us.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Xenostar said:
interesting so if you buy the steam version will that still aloow for cross play and acheivements, or is that the USP of the windows store version

Yes it would.
Steam doesn't make any restrictions to restrict cross-play and achievements, many prior games that used Games for Windows Live! also allowed for it.

Zkuq said:
Xenostar said:
interesting so if you buy the steam version will that still aloow for cross play and acheivements, or is that the USP of the windows store version

You probably mean UWP, right? Also, the answer is probably no, at least for achievements. Achievement are a per-platform thing unless they specifically decide to co-operate on that. As for cross-play, there's no automatic support for it, but I suppose nothing prevents cross-play either.

Microsoft has allowed for Achievements with the games it has released on Steam. I have plenty of PC achievements on my Xbox Profile from games I have played on Steam.

vivster said:

It's so nice of him that he cares about Valve so much but has no trouble hurting the PC gamers.

Actions speak louder than words though. They are yet to backup their actions.
They still haven't resolved the fact that Steam sold all it's copies of Fable 3 and Microsoft hasn't provided any more keys for it.

Jega said:

Good move Microsoft, steam got 50 million users it would be stupid for Microsoft not to put their games on steam.

Try almost 180 million if the latest estimates are anything to go by.

BasilZero said:
Release the following on Steam and I'll believe them....

-Banjo Kazooie
-Banjo Tooie
-Fable 2
-Fable 3

Fable 3 was released at some point, I actually own it on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pemalite/games

Banjo and Fable 2 would be good to see, but I doubt Microsoft has any intention to put any focus on those older titles.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Yup definitely building me that gaming PC