By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Nier Automata Is Phenomenal

Some info:

You can set the personality of your partner character, such as "Loves to Kill"/Agressive etc.
Your partner character will not have an hp gauge (same as in the original)
The humanoid characters in the resistance camp are androids as well! They all have the same goal of defeating the machine life forms. (aka. they're not enemies of the humans on the moon, and thus not enemies to the YoRHa Units)
Weapons background stories will return, mostly based on (i) a continuation of the weapon background from the first game (ii) a reuse of super strong weapons from the past world
The interviewer commented on how there weren't any "hit animation", and that it felt like attacks bounce off the enemy. Yoko and Saito comment on how they will improve it, and that the hit reaction will/should eventually show the difference between a super effective hit vs. not effective hit depending on what parts of the enemy you attack.
The boss battle gameplay is only the first few minutes of the fight, the second half is completely different.
Reading off the design documents, the bodies hanging on the Opera Boss (that's what it's labeled) are dead android bodies.
The interviewer got a few minutes to play through a demo and loved how easy it is to create combos.
The interviewer mentioned how there was a rumor on the removal of 2B's skirt late last year. The team decided that it's possible to remove it, and she'll be wearing a Leotard underneath. She won't be able to remove her skirt after equipping a certain skill, however.
Yoko commented on how some players are afraid of spoilers in pre-release info, but he said he wants to create a game that is still meaningful even after the spoilers.
He also insists on the story being a "happy ending"

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What saddens me more than anything is the fact that when 'inevitably' people on forums start to discuss what's available for the PS4 around Christmas, neither this game nor Nioh will get discussed. I'm really disappointed about how forums in general seem to be populated by people who for one reason or another polarise the narrative around particular games and genres when there's a plethora of variety at out disposal.

If I have a PS4 by that time you can be pretty sure Nioh will be very discussed when it comes out XP

Do you even play games? Do you own a XBO or a PC? Or do you enjoy just things like this. Not trying to sound insulting lol, just wondering.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I just wish Square spents more of its attention on this game when FFXV comes out and proves to be mediocre, so that it can take the spotlight and sell what it'll deserve.

I'm now filled with determination.

Wow!!!

Is Nier 1 a good game? Didn't have good reviews but I want to play it before I decide on buying this game to be sure.

Around the Network

Aright, for anyone interested in the Drakengard connection but not interested enough in playing the not-great first game AND earning ending E: you and your dragon end up killing a giant. All three are magically shunted into a different world - modern day Earth. As the giant crumbles to super poisonous ash, two jet fighters blast the dragon out of the sky, which lands on and is impaled by a skyscraper, end credits, what a great reward for collecting all the weapons! Apparently the giant dust ends up killing loads of people, and a 'cure' for it is found by using the dragon's corpse. That is the state of the world when Nier starts.

I got the first one on PS3 because people told me how great it was but I never finished it. This one looks much, much better and is right up my alley!

GribbleGrunger said:

What saddens me more than anything is the fact that when 'inevitably' people on forums start to discuss what's available for the PS4 around Christmas, neither this game nor Nioh will get discussed. I'm really disappointed about how forums in general seem to be populated by people who for one reason or another polarise the narrative around particular games and genres when there's a plethora of variety at out disposal.

Don't pay those people any attention. You know the truth. As long as you have something great to play, don't worry about other people's opinions! They don't change reality.

d21lewis said:

Don't pay those people any attention. You know the truth. As long as you have something great to play, don't worry about other people's opinions! They don't change reality.

I'm not bothered about people lying or deliberately overlooking titles, all I'm concerned with is how ignorance can lead to weaker sales.

The PS5 Exists. 

is there a demo for this?