By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie on NX: "For us it's not about specs"

KungKras said:
vivster said:
Of course it's not important for them. And with that attitude they can just have their own little ecosystem completely kept alive by first party content. Because Nintendo is everything that counts, fans or developers shouldn't have any say in their vision.

What about the fans who want cheap hardware over expensive and the developers who want a big install base to sell their games on? Do you care about them too?

That's what the Wii U is for. Weak and cheap console with a great library. The developers who want a big install base should probably look at the 3DS or other popular consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

that is one amazing website.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Reggie should be fired...

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Great news! Nintendo shouldn't enter an arms race with Sony and Microsoft. Just turn out games at a decent pace, make a few strategic partnerships, and sell hardware at a low and attractive price point. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nintendo doesn't need to move 80 million NX units. They just need to turn a profit.

If they just want to turn a profit, then they might be far better of just leaving the console business, nobody wants to buy a console just for Nintendo games anyway.

malistix1985 said:
If the NX is slower then the current gen (not neo or scorpio) I will just seriously lose all interest in the console

I think that's what you should expect. The NX will most likely sell very bad and even if it becomes a success, it's unlikely that it will get any significant third party support outside of Japan, which was even the case with the Wii. The NX will probably just be another underpowered and immature hybrid console; something like the Virtual Boy where they can't decide whether they want to call it a stationary console or a portable console, but the NX will probably even have a narrower audience than the Gamecube and even the Virtual Boy, games like Teleroboxer or Faceball isn't something we should expect. The NX is dead on arrival.

Around the Network

This doesn't sound very promising..

Hopefully the NX does well though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Shit...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

vivster said:
MDMAlliance said:

I dunno if we should take what Reggie says too seriously.

Why not? We take everything every exec ever say seriously. Of course Reggie is a total Reggie but he's not the only one at Nintendo who hates technology.

The thing is that Reggie is in a position of PR.  What that means is that what he says will have multiple interpretations.  It COULD mean "Our specs are fine compared to them but saying something would set expectations that we would likely not meet" or it could be meant to set expectations lower and surprise at the reveal... it could also easily just be damage control for when it does come out and end up not even being competition spec-wise.  

What is more likely doesn't matter, because what really matters is what they WANT us to think.  And in that regard, it's still up in the air so in the end what really matters is when it is finally revealed (or if definitive statements are released).

Rustynail said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Great news! Nintendo shouldn't enter an arms race with Sony and Microsoft. Just turn out games at a decent pace, make a few strategic partnerships, and sell hardware at a low and attractive price point. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nintendo doesn't need to move 80 million NX units. They just need to turn a profit.

If they just want to turn a profit, then they might be far better of just leaving the console business, nobody wants to buy a console just for Nintendo games anyway.

Well, there's no guarantee that would increase revenue. There's a lot to be gained from being a console manufacturer: licensing fees, royalties, total control over hardware decisions, subscriptions, the ability to sell controllers and accessories (typically the items with the largest profit margin), etc.

Whatever, just tell us when you're gonna unveil it already.