By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma's opinion about the wii u gamepad.

Goodnightmoon said:
Valdath said:

I'm sure you loved it but sadly you guys are not nearly enough to justify another gamepad as seen with Wii U sales.

For the record i wasn't talking about you, more about the kind of people that defend Color Splash and Federation force with the typical "Nintendo can't do anything wrong" attitude.

I'm sorry if it sounded like a dick, wasn't really my intention.

Apologies accepted.

I´m not sad because they are ditching the gamepad, I liked it but I know is not the right way to go because many people dont and it does not justify the extra price if you dont enjoy its features, so i'm kind of glad actually, but I still like it, I think as a gimick is way less intrusive than Wii, the gamepad usually does not force me to use their features all the time except some very few games, and the games that does makes an intensive use of the gamepad some are very divisive (SFZ) but others were praised for everyone (SMM).

I wouldn't be against them releasing an optional gamepad though, could be a great idea if the NX is BC.

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Apologies accepted.

I´m not sad because they are ditching the gamepad, I liked it but I know is not the right way to go because many people dont and it does not justify the extra price if you dont enjoy its features, so i'm kind of glad actually, but I still like it, I think as a gimick is way less intrusive than Wii, the gamepad usually does not force me to use their features all the time except some very few games, and the games that does makes an intensive use of the gamepad some are very divisive (SFZ) but others were praised for everyone (SMM).

I wouldn't be against them releasing an optional gamepad though, could be a great idea if the NX is BC.

Or at least they could make the already existent WiiU gamepad compatible, as a plus for loyal fans that bought a WiiU and enjoyed the gamepad, but I dont think they will, oh well.

Lol, hopefully the NX won't have this mandatory then! :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

it really is an excuse, so they can focus on the NX version...

Phantom Hourglass anyone? that game was awesome, because of the way it used the second screen, drawing maps and routes to take, and puzzles etc... not disrupting at all

never been a fan of the gamepad, but if there is a game it fits, it is this one

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it really is an excuse, so they can focus on the NX version...

Phantom Hourglass anyone? that game was awesome, because of the way it used the second screen, drawing maps and routes to take, and puzzles etc... not disrupting at all

never been a fan of the gamepad, but if there is a game it fits, it is this one

^this

I mean come on, how would fans react if the Wii U version of BotW had features the NX version has not?
Not to mention that it would suggest that the Wii U version is the better one due to exclusive features. They want people to buy a NX for that game so they cant really do that, even if it fits perfectly and was originally designed to work with the gamepad in a big way, I mean, why else does the Shiekah Slate look like that?

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Around the Network
CWegzz said:
Well, I'm glad he's not going to be using some forced gimmick on this game with the Gamepad like he did with Skyward Sword. Good for him. This is shaping up to be the best Zelda ever made. I love everything about it.

The thing is Skyward Sword did a much better job intergrading the Wii's main feature. The only problem is with Wii motion plus, that feature worked a little too well.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Goodnightmoon said:
Valdath said:
Gamepad fanatic defenders must feel really weird when even Nintendo istelf admits the gamepad sucks.

Just wow.

Nintendo themself? As far as I know Aonuma is one person, and is pretty obvious the reason he is not using it is to not give the NX an advantage, a map and a inventory management on a 2nd screen does not disrupt anything, it was actually praised for everyone in WWHD because it is useful.

Do we have confirmation that there is no map on the second screen? 

Simultaniously diplaying the inventory alongside gameplay is a bit more hardware intensive and no more time efficient than pressing a button, which will (or can) swap out the main screen in the same amount of time it takes you to look down. I recall Skywards Sword's map being a hassle to load and navigate. 

The great thing about the DS is that both screens were in view at the same time.

Better late than never I suppose...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Jon-Erich said:
CWegzz said:
Well, I'm glad he's not going to be using some forced gimmick on this game with the Gamepad like he did with Skyward Sword. Good for him. This is shaping up to be the best Zelda ever made. I love everything about it.

The thing is Skyward Sword did a much better job intergrading the Wii's main feature. The only problem is with Wii motion plus, that feature worked a little too well.

Yeah, Skyward Sword did do a great job with motion controls, but I do still feel that it was forced, just like touch screen controls in the DS Zelda games.  I personally love Skyward Sword, but I do believe that the game would be better off if motion controls weren't forced so much.  Zelda is one of those games where a standard controller works much better in my opinion and I'm just glad they're not trying to force gamepad integration like they forced motion controls in Skyward Sword.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Valdath said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I'm not defending anything, I liked the gamepad functionalites in some games and I liked the Off-TV in all of them, you are the only one trying to convince yourself that anyone that say he likes it is lying, your attitude is kind of disgusting.

I'm sure you loved it but sadly you guys are not nearly enough to justify another gamepad as seen with Wii U sales.

For the record i wasn't talking about you, more about the kind of people that defend Color Splash and Federation force with the typical "Nintendo can't do anything wrong" attitude.

I'm sorry if it sounded like a dick, wasn't really my intention.

I like  the gamepad, for many of the games mentioned above. Mario maker would not exist without it.  I aklo like the use of it in splatoon,  it makes the game better and adds new gameplay elements because of it.

Im interested in trying federation force. 

I'm glad they made it and the gamepad because they aren't afraid to try new things. That's how the two screen handheld came to be and it's fantastic.

I thought it was the dumbest idea ever and super gimicky, but then i tried it, now, i hope all handhelds do it.

I don't defend everything nintendo does, but i do like them as a company. I hated the Wii and really dislike motion controls, but using he gyro in splatoon is fantastic.

I don't think the "typical" Nintendo fan thinks that they can do no wrong. There are some, but no different than anyone who suppourts any platform. I think there is a lot of hate spewed at nintendo so Nintendo fans are passionate and will defend them strongly.