By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer fires shots: We have release dates for our E3 games

I can't speak for anyone else but, honestly, I just don't care. The game will release when it releases. Tell me a year ahead of time, tell me a month ahead of time, it makes no difference. I see absolutely no reason to whine about the amount of time between reveal and release.

Regardless of all else, if I want to play a game when it launches, I'll play it.

Around the Network

How long ago was Gears 4 unveiled?
How long ago was Recore unveiled?
How often do we receive a new Forza?

Thats such a lame ass PR statement... and sadly it'll be gobbled up as much as their "Best lineup ever".

RolStoppable said:
Odd that he refers to the PS4 as "platforms". It's a single device.

Yep strange is not it?, but man he has a point.

34 years playing games.

That's my only fear. Zelda is 2017, so it could go to holiday 2017 and I can't wait anymore...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:
Hes right though...

So?  based on sales and review scores both, Sony is doing a better job producing better games that more peopel want.  

Hell, the Uncharted Collection sold more than the Halo Master Chief collection despite the Halo series being among the top selling game franchises of all time.  

I'm not too worried.  both consoles are doing great in my eye, and it's a CEO's job to push their product as superior.  Phil isn't doing anything wrong here, just his job.  His statement is correct, sure, but it doesn't really matter to the quality of said games in the long run. I'd rather have good games delayed than forcing mediocre games out early.  I'm sure Xbox's exclusives are great and all, but I'm sure I'll enjoy Playstation's better, and if sales are any indication, I'm not the only one. 

Console wars should pipe down and we should all just enjoy what we saw this year.  I'm stoked for too many games to get into a huff about it.  

Phil is bending the truth like MS normally do, he's probably doing the standard MS 1 million clicks type marketing (which is really tiresome). Basically they are looking towards the "Only period that matters" and have counted up their exclusives and then counted up sony's and got (based on current release dates) the fact that if the bend sometruths they can say they have more, forgetting they've hardly done anything in the previous 6 months.

I wish they would be a bit more gracious in defeat, but obviously they wont be.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:
Hes right though...

So?  based on sales and review scores both, Sony is doing a better job producing better games that more peopel want.  

Hell, the Uncharted Collection sold more than the Halo Master Chief collection despite the Halo series being among the top selling game franchises of all time.  

I'm not too worried.  both consoles are doing great in my eye, and it's a CEO's job to push their product as superior.  Phil isn't doing anything wrong here, just his job.  His statement is correct, sure, but it doesn't really matter to the quality of said games in the long run. I'd rather have good games delayed than forcing mediocre games out early.  I'm sure Xbox's exclusives are great and all, but I'm sure I'll enjoy Playstation's better, and if sales are any indication, I'm not the only one. 

Console wars should pipe down and we should all just enjoy what we saw this year.  I'm stoked for too many games to get into a huff about it.  

What does sales have to do with anything? If he said that MS makes better games then other companies, then I would call BS. The fact is that many big games didnt get release dates.

KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

What does sales have to do with anything? If he said that MS makes better games then other companies, then I would call BS. The fact is that many big games didnt get release dates.

You should still call bs. When did they announce sea of thieves and when is it launching? Exactly.

KLXVER said:
Hes right though...

In regard to sony not having dates well yea but doing a better job? How many games have theyre released so far this year to Sony?

Hey Phil, how's crackdown 3 going?

Nem said:
All i can say is that he has a point.

Does it make a difference though? Nah... what matter is to excite your audience for the long term.

When was gears 4, recore and dead rising first shown again? I strongly doubt whrn thwy were shown first they all had a release date right bext to it. So what point does he have?

I'm disappointed that Phil would talk like that, always thought he was smarter.