By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Reactions - Colin, Kinda Funny

Rafie said:
onionberry said:

I don't downplay everybody to say good things about Nintendo. There's a difference.  As a matter of fact, I don't even worship Nintendo, I like the company, I'm a fangirl of the games, specially zelda, that's about it. 

Onionberry...I just wanted to tell you that I love that picture of you. That is all... :)

On topic, I don't find the reference appealing. However, I do feel SO FAR that Sony had a better conference than the rest. My reason for that is the new games announced. I was disappointed at MS for showing barely any new games but the Minecraft game. I did like the "Play Everywhere" crossbuy joints though. That's a huge deal. I was just far more interested in the new games coming though. I wish Cuphead had a release date. I'm dying to play that game! LOL

I concur.

Around the Network

This can't be because Sony has a Pussy, I know that because I sleep with Sony every fucking day ;)

Ka-pi96 said:
Bryank75 said:

Forza is an annual game, Scalebound was first shown in 2014...MS cinference was all known about and very little wow factor. 

God of War? Days Gone? RE7? Kojimas trailer was impressive too. But downplay if you like. Was like this last year where all the xbox fans kept trying to push that they won something..... we all know how it is viewed in retrospect.

You downplay Microsoft's conference because it was 'all known about' yet praise God of War at Sony's conference? Because that wasn't at all known about was it?

I didn't know about God of War.  I also don't pay attention to rumors which say everything possible might be coming

I am Iron Man

Lol, same old people downplaying Sony. Oh well, we know how well that works out. Of course, I'm also sure a vast majority of those who watched E3 will agree with the OP.

Rafie said:
onionberry said:

I don't downplay everybody to say good things about Nintendo. There's a difference.  As a matter of fact, I don't even worship Nintendo, I like the company, I'm a fangirl of the games, specially zelda, that's about it. 

Onionberry...I just wanted to tell you that I love that picture of you. That is all... :)

On topic, I don't find the reference appealing. However, I do feel SO FAR that Sony had a better conference than the rest. My reason for that is the new games announced. I was disappointed at MS for showing barely any new games but the Minecraft game. I did like the "Play Everywhere" crossbuy joints though. That's a huge deal. I was just far more interested in the new games coming though. I wish Cuphead had a release date. I'm dying to play that game! LOL

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Lol, same old people downplaying Sony. Oh well, we know how well that works out. Of course, I'm also sure a vast majority of those who watched E3 will agree with the OP.

Mr gabe avatar could be told that Sony is giving away free money and he'd still come up with some reason it's not good. Most likely the fact that it's not xbox... but he'd try to mask it with PC references.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Sony won so easily again this year. Congrats

Sony won so easily again this year. Congrats

Lrdfancypants said:
Azzanation said:

New IP or not. They give completely different experiences from each other. New IPs arent normally a good thing. 

Didn't you make an entire thread on blizzard being the best ever because they venture out their comfort zone into new genres???  To do that requires new IP.  

Blizzard havent made a new IP for 10 years until Overwatch just recently. You have just proved my point even further. Blizzard use the games that there fans want to play, they tackle new genres all the time however they use there beloved franchises to do it. Yes a new IP is good every so often however it isnt a must. For example, I wouldnt buy or even look at Halo Wars 2 if it wasnt related to the Halo universe because i just simply wouldnt care enough, regardless how good it is.

Objectively speaking, there is no doubt in my mind that Sony "won", which is to say that they did themselves the most good coming out of E3.

First, the presentation itself. It was incredibly watchable. If you missed it, you can watch the whole thing the next day without much need to fast forward through cringe. There isn't a single awkward "Mindcraft segment". The pace was the best I've ever seen and kept people glued. I never, ever felt like I want to stop watching. That, by itself, is a win over most conferences.

Second, the sound. The orchestra made it feel meaningful and powerful rather than goofy. They kept the engagement level high. Great touch.

Third, the content. I'm definitely of the opinion that the content shown is going to sell people on buying a PS4. Not only was it exciting unto itself but a lot of it is going to have people buzzing for awhile, which was exactly the point. What's going to happen in God of War? What is Detroit all about? Kojima's new game, what does all that death signify? Will Spiderman actually be a good IP now?

Relative to the consumer, Sony's conference was a home run.

However, that's not to say Microsoft didn't do a good job. They did. They just ran into a buzzsaw that no one saw coming. People who like Microsoft games already are going to be drawn in by Microsoft's conference but I doubt they made up any ground against Sony.

Also, I've noticed a few Nintendo fans trying to go the downplay route of "all the Sony games look the same". Anyone else find that legitimately funny? Pots, kettles, all that? I don't know, but it made me honestly laugh.