By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of war is ruined (opinion)

Well, It does look slower but maybe this is just due to this being the beginning of the game.

Around the Network

I cant put it into words but that just didnt look right.

Its like taking Ryu Hayabusa, a super ninja, and making him a actual ninja.

It looks like an interesting development for the game. It seems to be maybe more concerned with the story-telling than the other titles? It's hard to say, it probably will rely more on starting off slow and build up to the fast combat to give more sense of progression? Or maybe it has to do with the story up until that point, I don't know. It looked fine to me, but I did notice it was slower and possibly more gimmicky.

onionberry said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Wait and see. That was a demo that was clearly from the beginning of the game and all he had was a basic axe. On top of that he looks like he's now an ordinary man without many powers.

yeah hopefully they will  show more weapons and stuff, it's just my first impression. 

Well, no doubt the combat was a bit slower but I found the sense of scale more realistic and imposing. We also have to see if Kratos is the main character or if you transition to play as the child who may age. Then the gameplay could become faster to reflect age etc. 

Ther are a lot of questions but it seems really interesting to me anyway.  :)

Xxain said:
I cant put it into words but that just didnt look right.

Its like taking Ryu Hayabusa, a super ninja, and making him a actual ninja.

exactly, Ninja Gaiden is not Tenchu

Around the Network

I loved what I saw, but this footage looks like early part of the game.

Chances are that this isn't Kratos overall look and approach to fighting throughout the game.

I noticed the change of fighting stance immediately, but didn't care as the footage continued.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Zelda on steroids lol!

onionberry said:

yeah hopefully they will  show more weapons and stuff, it's just my first impression. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying we can't judge that yet. Just to say though, I'm happy for it being a little more grounded if that's the case.

The PS5 Exists. 

I feel like this should have been its own thing. Right now it feels like a different game with Kratos slapped on it.

GribbleGrunger said:
onionberry said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying we can't judge that yet. Just to say though, I'm happy for it being a little more grounded if that's the case.

Why would want a grounded God God of War?

Do you want grounded Ninja Gaiden? Devil May Cry? Bayonetta? 

This is a strange path to take.