By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

Blester said:
I can't help but agree with this. I won't be buying whatever the NX is, seriously, i don't care anymore. If Nintendo didn't care about the Wii U, what kind of guarantee you have that this will be successful? As hard as it is to say as a Nintendo fan, i just want them to go 3rd party at this point. There's no use in trying to compete if they have never tried to compete in the past since the Game Cube era.

Whatever about the prediction. This is the way I feel too.

vivster said:
MDMAlliance said:

Even if I give you the most well-formed position, you still wouldn't agree at all.  You think you're right, and there are no other positions to be had on this.  I'm not arguing about the possibility of the NX actually being unable to compete in the market, but you don't know anything about the NX and it DOES matter.  You think all that matters in the industry is where technology is and what Nintendo has done in its past.  The problem with that thinking is that it neglects a LOT of information.  So, hypothetically speaking, if the NX actually does succeed what would you say?  You were wrong?  Or would you just make some relative statement?  If the NX does indeed die, it means nothing to me because I'm not actually claiming the system will succeed.  I'm just pointing out there's no real basis for saying you know it will fail.  Only doubts that it will be able to succeed are valid. 

Oh I never did say it will fail. I only said that it will have a very hard time to compete with Sony. I don't even know what Nintendo fans would define as success. 20 million, 50 million, more than PS4?

I'm being a realist here. The chances of Nintendo pulling off the impossible and somehow pull another Wii are astronomically low. Like winning in the lottery low. Of course it's possible but betting on it is not advisable. That's why people go the safer route and bet on it to fail. And to be fair, the arguments for it failing are many, yet the only argument for it not failing are "Nintendo will do something that no one expects". So who got the flimsier base for predictions?

People love to predict because it is gambling, because there is a chance to lose. Not predicting just because there is no information is for the weak.

My prediction is that the NX will sell very well in the first 2 years because Nintendo fans are pretty much starved. 10 million in the first 2 years is not a stretch. After that it will fall off like the Wii U because the Nintendo fan base just isn't big enough anymore and people who don't care about Nintendo games will have very little reason to buy it.

Of course this is all based on the NX being a home console only. If it's a hybrid it will sell a lot better of course and I cannot see it failing then.

I agree. People can't say that NX will be a success either, in fact, it makes a lot more sense to say that it's going to fail.

Of course, if NX is some sort of hybrid with games like mainline Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter, well, this is different.

Azuren said:
Game_God said:

This is just the regular XXXth Nintendo bashing thread, only purpose is to badmouth Nintendo & generate hate towards the company. How on earth can one say that a product is dead on arrival when no one knows the slightest thing about it, not even it's name... bad faith is the main ingredient in this nauseating thread. If you can't see it, then I can't do anything for you, it's like reviewing a movie & talking trash about it without even seeing it... if you find that fair & respectful, suit yourself!

These are threads typically set up by Nintendo fans who haven't drank the punch. We're legitimately worried about Nintendo's future, and we're not willing to lie to ourselves about it. Just because someone doesn't express faith doesn't mean hate, so knock it off with the "Nintendo can do no wrong" thing.

I agree. Why people can't say that Nintendo will fail. Wii is past. I happend 10 years ago. It's 2016 and Nintendo is doing a poor job.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
Rustynail said:
ironmanDX said:
We know next to nothing about all 3 of them. A bit early to be making claims like this,

Lmao, no it's not. NX failure is quite predictable. Nintendo have made a terrible job marketing and promoting it so far and the only third party game we have heard about so far has been Just Dance.

That's kind of a weird assumption. Just because Just Dance is officially announced as the first third-party title, doesn't mean jack about what the NX is gonna be, what audience it's aiming for, and the fate of the console itself. Just Dance is on every console so this point is kinda moot. It's on PS4, PS3, XB360, XBOne, etc. What does that mean for those consoles?

Predicting NX will fail is one thing, but saying it is predictable to fail is another. Then again, what do we mean by fail? Is it aligned to Nintendo's meaning of failure? Is it profit? Marketshare? Total sales? I mean, even with the Wii U not selling well, it apparently didn't encouter substantial losses like the PS3 (though losing money is still losing money).

Again, the more logical thing would be to find out what the NX is. Basing it off rumors and all this latest news about Neo and Scorpio will get us nowhere because we can't really compare these consoles appropriately. What does NX bring to the table? We'll find out later this year.

Johnw1104 said:
I just hope Nintendo can find a place for itself in the market; it doesn't need to beat Sony or Microsoft for it to be a profitable and worthwhile venture.

I would say the odds are against it, but I'm certainly not writing it off. Why on earth some people seem so anxious for the console world to consist solely of Sony and Microsoft is beyond me lol

Maybe some people rather Ninty go out with dignity instead of just selling less and less home consoles and looking crazy?

Scisca said:
thetonestarr said:

Literally every person that found out I had a Gamecube had a reaction along the lines of, "Yo, that's dope! You got Smash Bros? Can I play?"

Y'all must be backwards as hell in Poland if the physical design of your console actually mattered, especially at 16-17 years old.

I'd appreciate keeping such ignorant nationalistic remarks to yourself. GCN failed in America and Western Europe, not in Poland. It was you who decided to pick the cool PS2 instead of the ridiculous purple lunchbox GCN. It didn't fit your taste - and I can see how. I don't know a single person who's ever even heard of Smash - Nintendo doesn't give a damn about our market. We got no marketing, no info, just a humiliating design that looked like sh*t on the cabinet, was overpriced as hell and almost impossible to get hold of, so nobody ever cared. We weren't given any chance or any reason to want it. You were the ones that rejected it.

And if you think physical design doesn't matter, then I guess you've missed countless threads comparing PS4 to Xbone. It matters. Nintendo being labeled as childish has always mattered and still does - if you refuse to accept that, that's your problem, but don't insult people because you choose to be ignorant.

You're absolutely right that it failed in the US, but it had absolutely nothing to do with childish considerations such as "physical form". PS2 had the games people wanted, GCN did not (save for Smash). It was 100% simply that and nothing more. Literally nobody gave any care to the shape of the device.

SW-5120-1900-6153

oniyide said:
Johnw1104 said:
I just hope Nintendo can find a place for itself in the market; it doesn't need to beat Sony or Microsoft for it to be a profitable and worthwhile venture.

I would say the odds are against it, but I'm certainly not writing it off. Why on earth some people seem so anxious for the console world to consist solely of Sony and Microsoft is beyond me lol

Maybe some people rather Ninty go out with dignity instead of just selling less and less home consoles and looking crazy?

Wii did not sell less than GC and NX will definitely sell better than Wii U.

Around the Network

So how grown people who did not even know what Pokemon were are playing Pokemon go. So they still have the power after all these years to change the game. Don't let what you think you know predict anything. Nintendo is not going to fail like the Wii u again.

1 year later. Oh my, oh my, what do we have here?

Oh my god

100% doa like we can see

Click HERE and be happy 

Its fun to look back at some of these predictions to see how terribly wrong they were XD

Probably should of waited till you actually seen the NX. I mean a lot what you said was true, but you forgot to account for none of them points actually mattering.