By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Nintendo NX will be dead on Arrival.

bananaking21 said:

I dont need to watch the Sony E3 conference, know what the neo is, know the full specs of the scorpio. Mark my words, the NX will be outdated compared to them, and its library will be extremely lacking. 

VR, 4K, third parties, many exclusives, streaming and already established install bases (30M+ for XB and 60M+ for PS) by the time the NX will release, a huge libarary of games and among many other things, thats what NX is up against. and what ever their "new way to play is", the industry is headed where PS and Xbox are headed, and it wont be able to compete. 

The NX, what ever it is, will be dead on arrival. the only place it can find its legs will be japan, if it has a handheld counter part

You have no idea what the NX is, therefore your opinion is out of ignorance, and invalid.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Intrinsic said:

Unless thats a joke, I will say that yes. Nintendo absofuckinglutely has a say in who buys their console. And the say begins from what the console is to begin with. 

Just look at it this way, if nintendo had made a PS4/XB1, with all its games at 1080p too and got at least half of all the major third party releases on its console too (just half not even all)..... they would have sold significantly more wiiUs than they did. 

The absolutely ridiculous thing about nintendo topics, is that there are some that seem to sound as if they are saying its not nintendos fault that nintendo is failing. Thats just crazy. 

In my opinion, even if Wii U had all of the multis that PS4 and X1 got it would've still sold the least. I believe Nintendo's time is gone and people already have a very set mindset of what a console is supposed to be. They have a serious image problem. Their consoles aren't seen as serious consoles but just Nintendo games boxes. Nintendo isn't cool. Look to which demographics Sony and MS are pandering. Those people wouldn't want to be caught dead with a Nintendo console.

It wouldn't be enough for Nintendo to just make a PS4 with Nintendo games. They are coming from far far behind, they need to have a killer app that has a chance to capture people outside of Sony's scope. Sony currently has VR, PS Neo and a really strong exclusive lineup. For the NX(assuming it's not a console/handheld combo) to beat that it would need something that is better than all of Sony's offerings combined.

You could have posted this in 2005, and would have been wrong then. That follows that there is a high chance you are wrong here too.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nothing new from Nintendo is dead on arrival.
NEVER underestimate the Big N. If the NX is priced right and has cool features it will sell like hot muffins to hungry miners.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

If Just Dance is the only game Ubisoft will bring to NX, Nintendo needs to cancel it. Casuals don't buy consoles anymore, and hardcore gamers will think the system is a joke.

Magnus said:
If Just Dance is the only game Ubisoft will bring to NX, Nintendo needs to cancel it. Casuals don't buy consoles anymore, and hardcore gamers will think the system is a joke.

I don't think that Just Dance will be the only game they will be bring to the NX.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
NX will certainly have its work cutout for it but I wouldn't count it out yet since we don't know what it is exactly... Once we get more info, it will be easier to predict for me

This

Lol at OP, you don't even know NX real name or specs, all we heard are rumors, and you say it is doa, LOL, you really have some bias against Nintendo, isn't it?

Jumpin said:
vivster said:

In my opinion, even if Wii U had all of the multis that PS4 and X1 got it would've still sold the least. I believe Nintendo's time is gone and people already have a very set mindset of what a console is supposed to be. They have a serious image problem. Their consoles aren't seen as serious consoles but just Nintendo games boxes. Nintendo isn't cool. Look to which demographics Sony and MS are pandering. Those people wouldn't want to be caught dead with a Nintendo console.

It wouldn't be enough for Nintendo to just make a PS4 with Nintendo games. They are coming from far far behind, they need to have a killer app that has a chance to capture people outside of Sony's scope. Sony currently has VR, PS Neo and a really strong exclusive lineup. For the NX(assuming it's not a console/handheld combo) to beat that it would need something that is better than all of Sony's offerings combined.

You could have posted this in 2005, and would have been wrong then. That follows that there is a high chance you are wrong here too.

Yep. As long as there is the fleeting one time success of the Wii, Nintendo fans will never lose hope.

I guess if NX fails as well, its successor is gonna be a smash hit for sure! Because precedent and brand power have no impact on sales whatsoever.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Jumpin said:

Yep. As long as there is the fleeting one time success of the Wii, Nintendo fans will never lose hope.

I guess if NX fails as well, its successor is gonna be a smash hit for sure! Because precedent and brand power have no impact on sales whatsoever.

You're missing the point, really.  People didn't expect the Wii to succeed, and only in hindsight do people call it a fad.  Did we even know such a thing was possible at the time?  The thing is that success isn't outside the realms of possibility.  Jumpin is probably exaggerating things, but if it were so easy to understand the market, businesses would be successul more often.

I can't help but agree with this. I won't be buying whatever the NX is, seriously, i don't care anymore. If Nintendo didn't care about the Wii U, what kind of guarantee you have that this will be successful? As hard as it is to say as a Nintendo fan, i just want them to go 3rd party at this point. There's no use in trying to compete if they have never tried to compete in the past since the Game Cube era.