By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Chart week ending 11th June

Teeqoz said:

In all seriousness, I honestly think UC4 might've not done quite as well as Sony expected.... *raises flame shield*

Anywho, R&C legs! UC4 legs. Mirror's Edge though... Let's hope it has legs too.

and you think so why exactly?

Edit: forget it after looking it up how this game cost 100 million$ + 250 million$ of marketing the game needs to sell 25 million copies to break even :(

I don't think naughty dog makes another game sadly.

Around the Network
Sprash said:
Teeqoz said:

In all seriousness, I honestly think UC4 might've not done quite as well as Sony expected.... *raises flame shield*

Edit: forget it after looking it up how this game cost 100 million$ + 250 million$ of marketing the game needs to sell 25 million copies to break even :(

Because it couldn't break a million in the US in its first month, and it had a big first to second week drop, and it had a lot of hype and marketing behind it. Look, I'm not saying that the game did bad. Just that I think it didn't do quite as well as Sony expected. No need to start with derogatory responses like that.

Sprash said:
Teeqoz said:

And I was looking forward to TLoU2!!!

Nice Overwatch still at #1 and DOOM is doing great still :P

I didn't really expect much from Mirror's Edge as I have neither seen or heard any hype or interest for it at all.

Uncharted [the true] number 1 again. Things are looking really good for Drake's finale.

If we figure Uncharted is at around 15K now(?) that's a bad start for Mirror's Edge. TBH Idon't know what people saw in the original, so I never really understood why a sequel was made. If VGC numbers are to be believed the original sold pretty good, but not so hot that it really demanded a sequel.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Uncharted [the true] number 1 again. Things are looking really good for Drake's finale.

If we figure Uncharted is at around 15K now(?) that's a bad start for Mirror's Edge. TBH Idon't know what people saw in the original, so I never really understood why a sequel was made. If VGC numbers are to be believed the original sold pretty good, but not so hot that it really demanded a sequel.

I had Mirrors Edge for free on PS Plus a bit back and couldn't get on with it but I can see it's not bad game. I don't think there would of been a big budget for this game because it lacks mass appeal.

Mirrors edge needs VR

Teeqoz said:
Sprash said:

Because it couldn't break a million in the US in its first month, and it had a big first to second week drop, and it had a lot of hype and marketing behind it. Look, I'm not saying that the game did bad. Just that I think it didn't do quite as well as Sony expected. No need to start with derogatory responses like that.

It still outsells every prequel and it is doing a great job in Europe. Which should be Sony's first focus in the first place. Besides which game which sells close if not over 3 million physical does a bad job on a single platform. Knowing Uncharted this game will keep on selling for a long time.

Ratchet and Clank might be a bit dissapointing since it still has not cracked that million even at 40 euro.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Teeqoz said:

It still outsells every prequel and it is doing a great job in Europe. Which should be Sony's first focus in the first place. Besides which game which sells close if not over 3 million physical does a bad job on a single platform. Knowing Uncharted this game will keep on selling for a long time.

Ratchet and Clank might be a bit dissapointing since it still has not cracked that million even at 40 euro.

Perhaps R&C dissapointed Sony (even though the series has always been extremely leggy, and not frontloaded). My point isn't that UC4 sold badly. Just that it maybe didn't sell as well as Sony might've expected. This is the third time I'm repeating this...

Teeqoz said:
Qwark said:

Perhaps R&C dissapointed Sony (even though the series has always been extremely leggy, and not frontloaded). My point isn't that UC4 sold badly. Just that it maybe didn't sell as well as Sony might've expected. This is the third time I'm repeating this...

and what do you think Sony might expected from it?