By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Crash coming back...as Playstation Exclusive Skylanders

Ka-pi96 said:
DM235 said:
I totally don't understand the negativity. Activision and Nintendo added Donkey Kong and Bowser to the last Skylander's game. The whole toys-to-life genre is in decline, so it makes sense that Activision is adding cross-over characters to try and get sales back up.

Lego Dimensions, made by Warner Interactive is doing the exact same thing, by adding characters from properties that Warner has access to.

I wouldn't mind if they add Crash, Ratchet, or Sackboy to Skylanders. Personally I would have preferred Ratchet to be included if I had to chose a character.

Yeah but Donkey Kong and Bowser actually have their own proper games as well.

Crash is not only something that people have wanted to come back for awhile but Sony have been teasing it for awhile as well. If this is true then Sony have just been massive trolls about it.

Sony don't own the rights to Crash, so no matter how much they want to, it's up to Activision to make it happen.

Adding Crash to Skylanders doesn't mean that they cannot make a standalone Crash game (but it also doesn't mean that they are making a standalone game).  If this rumour is true, this is probably a test by Activision to see how much interest there is in Crash.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Ooo. What if it's:

1) Crash in Skylanders
2) Crash in PlayStation All-Stars 2
3) Crash starring in a brand new platforming game

That would be one hell of a celebration XD

Oh my god. I just realized 2016 is Crash's 20 year anniversary.

Didn't know that, so could be they are planning something...

Ka-pi96 said:
DM235 said:

Sony don't own the rights to Crash, so no matter how much they want to, it's up to Activision to make it happen.

Adding Crash to Skylanders doesn't mean that they cannot make a standalone Crash game (but it also doesn't mean that they are making a standalone game).  If this rumour is true, this is probably a test by Activision to see how much interest there is in Crash.

That's not true. If they wanted to do it that bad they could just buy Crash back from Activision...

Funny thing, Sony never owned Crash. Universal did.

The dreams dead...

Sigh.

Around the Network

I think they will probably release a crash game along with Skylanders. If the stand alone game does well it could help Skylanders sales too and vice versa.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Teeqoz said:

If this rumour is true, then fuck Sony as well. It's so unbelieveably stupid, the way they've been teasing Crash. It wouldn't even be so bad if they were just teasing it, but in reality nothing happened, but this? It makes no sense. The people that care about Crash don't care about Skylanders. Why on earth would they do this? This is way, way, way worse than Nuts'n Bolts, the Conker DLC for Project Spark and Federation Force combined. Dammit. Why can't they do the frikkin obvious. Ratchet & Clank just released to record sales for the franchise. That should be proof that there is a market for these games. But nooooooo.

This genuinely pisses me off. This doesn't happen often from video games news.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe it's just a crazy, unfounded rumor, though. We can hope.

But if true, it's so bad. And so emblematic of this generation. Look at Activision's track record alone: Skylanders keeps introducing more and more paywalls, and more and more chunks of plastic specific to different editions and consoles; Destiny launched with a bare-bones vanilla version with content designed to be sold later at a premium price; Tony Hawk 5 - 'nuff said; Call of Duty milked dry.

Folks need to stop getting into bed with Activision. 

"Skylanders keeps introducing more and more paywalls"

? Every new skylanders game requires less characters to complete the game 100% most figures are just additional choices of character not needed to see content. 

Oh my lanta, SO WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE!? If they announce a PlayStation all star royale sequel with actual good characters, a real budget this time around and crash that will be a good enough start.

But if crash gets his own game plus the other two? Now we're starting to make sense of things! The skylanders tie in would just be part of a marketing campaign to introduce him to younger age groups while the rest of us get what we want (:

#BringBackCrash

And it's his 20th anniversary! The puzzle pieces are falling into place!!!

Chazore said:
Every time I see Activision doing something with an IP I see this:

Exactly  X{

Please god no :^(