By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Crash coming back...as Playstation Exclusive Skylanders

Strange people have such strong opinions on Skylanders games here, wonder what % of those people have actually played the titles, some of the games are some of the best couch co-op you're likely to find in gaming in the past 5 years or so, as a couples games the titles are some of the best and the figures are pretty damn well sculpted to boot.

Also when it comes to this weird fetish love of all things crash bandicoot... where did it come from?

did no one play the last 2 titles featuring the character?

or

Cos ya know, those were utter masterpieces, definitely think there is something strange going on with the fandom of this character it isn't like Conker or Banjo Kazooie where there hasn't been a new title since the N64 era, there is a ton of Crash games... they were just all mediocre or bad.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
CovenanterA13 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yeah, you're right. Maybe it's just a crazy, unfounded rumor, though. We can hope.

But if true, it's so bad. And so emblematic of this generation. Look at Activision's track record alone: Skylanders keeps introducing more and more paywalls, and more and more chunks of plastic specific to different editions and consoles; Destiny launched with a bare-bones vanilla version with content designed to be sold later at a premium price; Tony Hawk 5 - 'nuff said; Call of Duty milked dry.

Folks need to stop getting into bed with Activision. 

"Skylanders keeps introducing more and more paywalls"

? Every new skylanders game requires less characters to complete the game 100% most figures are just additional choices of character not needed to see content. 

That used to be the case, yes. But then in Trap Team they required Trap Masters to open elemental gates. So if you had collected one of each element in the first few games, you still needed 8 new Trap Master elementals - no, that's wrong - 10 new Trap Master elementals, since they added two new elements. Plus you need 11 traps to collect all the villains.

They mercifully ditched elemental gates in Superchargers, but you'll need to pay extra to get the sea and air vehicles that don't come with the starter bundle if you want to explore the entire game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
CovenanterA13 said:

"Skylanders keeps introducing more and more paywalls"

? Every new skylanders game requires less characters to complete the game 100% most figures are just additional choices of character not needed to see content. 

That used to be the case, yes. But then in Trap Team they required Trap Masters to open elemental gates. So if you had collected one of each element in the first few games, you still needed 8 new Trap Master elementals - no, that's wrong - 10 new Trap Master elementals, since they added two new elements. Plus you need 11 traps to collect all the villains.

They mercifully ditched elemental gates in Superchargers, but you'll need to pay extra to get the sea and air vehicles that don't come with the starter bundle if you want to explore the entire game.

It has it's up's and downs depending on the title, the original Skylanders required that you have 8 different elements, so you needed to buy 5 extra figures... I'm saying needed, if you wanted to collect all the pretty hats in the game you could buy 5 extra figures, if you just wanted to play through the campaign and were fine seeing 3/8 of the hats in the game then you could finish it perfectly with what is in the starter box.

Giants you needed 1 giant to open the complete game, well... there was still the 8 elemental gates but yeah 1 giant is all that was required.

Swap force they went back up to needing the 8 bases from the swapable figures to access every cosmetic extra, the base game came with 2 and if you happend to pick up a 3ds and console copy of it they even made sure that the 3ds version came with 2 seperate bases, so if you were a fan of the series you needed to buy 4 figures for this game.

Trap Team... that had a shocking amount of content behind toy walls, that said the game was also one of the biggest by far, having achieved the platinum in it without shelling out for any of the extra trapmasters only collecting some of the traps, but this game was also the first to come with a complete expansion pack afterwards.

Super chargers, you need to buy 2 vehicles.... 1 if you buy the Dark starter pack since it comes with both a Boat and a Car so yeah, 1 figure.

But yeah games wise that means

Spyros Adv - 8 figures (starter set has 3)

Giants - 1 Giant (comes in pack)

Swap - 8 Swap bases (4 with the start packs)

Trap Team - 10 masters/9 Traps (not 100%) (3 in pack)

Super chargers - 3 vehicles  (starter pack has 2)

So yeah, it hasn't just increased... man... I think I get my most keystrokes online during skylanders threads, wtf.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

It has it's up's and downs depending on the title, the original Skylanders required that you have 8 different elements, so you needed to buy 5 extra figures... I'm saying needed, if you wanted to collect all the pretty hats in the game you could buy 5 extra figures, if you just wanted to play through the campaign and were fine seeing 3/8 of the hats in the game then you could finish it perfectly with what is in the starter box.

Giants you needed 1 giant to open the complete game, well... there was still the 8 elemental gates but yeah 1 giant is all that was required.

Swap force they went back up to needing the 8 bases from the swapable figures to access every cosmetic extra, the base game came with 2 and if you happend to pick up a 3ds and console copy of it they even made sure that the 3ds version came with 2 seperate bases, so if you were a fan of the series you needed to buy 4 figures for this game.

Trap Team... that had a shocking amount of content behind toy walls, that said the game was also one of the biggest by far, having achieved the platinum in it without shelling out for any of the extra trapmasters only collecting some of the traps, but this game was also the first to come with a complete expansion pack afterwards.

Super chargers, you need to buy 2 vehicles.... 1 if you buy the Dark starter pack since it comes with both a Boat and a Car so yeah, 1 figure.

So yeah, it hasn't just increased... man... I think I get my most keystrokes online during skylanders threads, wtf.

Yeah it just got too much for me. I got every game up to Trap Team. I was super careful about buying just what I needed to access all sections of each level. I sucked it up and got the extra Swap Force guys/gals but I put my foot down with Trap Team. Having to buy 8-10 new figures to access elemental gates was too much. I sold the game and haven't looked back.

i have a lot of fond local co-op memories - especially of Giants - but it was becoming such a money hole for me.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah it just got too much for me. I got every game up to Trap Team. I was super careful about buying just what I needed to access all sections of each level. I sucked it up and got the extra Swap Force guys/gals but I put my foot down with Trap Team. Having to buy 8-10 new figures to access elemental gates was too much. I sold the game and haven't looked back.

i have a lot of fond local co-op memories - especially of Giants - but it was becoming such a money hole for me.

Hehe, yeah Giants was an amazing game, the fact that you can't jump in it is easily outweighed by Conquertron being voiced by George Takai, also I think that was the game which had the sing along boss with the drills possibly, wife and myself loved playing those stages.

Also Hercules was a giant.... such good times.

Around the Network

"womp womp womp"

Gah, Crash and Skylanders in the same sentence.... gah!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Ganoncrotch said:
Strange people have such strong opinions on Skylanders games here, wonder what % of those people have actually played the titles, some of the games are some of the best couch co-op you're likely to find in gaming in the past 5 years or so, as a couples games the titles are some of the best and the figures are pretty damn well sculpted to boot.

Also when it comes to this weird fetish love of all things crash bandicoot... where did it come from?

(Crash of the Titans image)

or

(Crash Min Over Mutant image)

Cos ya know, those were utter masterpieces, definitely think there is something strange going on with the fandom of this character it isn't like Conker or Banjo Kazooie where there hasn't been a new title since the N64 era, there is a ton of Crash games... they were just all mediocre or bad.

.....Exactly. That's why it'd be greay to see a PROPER Crash game.

I'm not hungry for a Crash game per se if that game borders Tony Hawk 5 in quality. I'm hungry for a good Crash game for instance funded by Activision and developed by Insomnia.

I ain't even surprised lol.

its a good thing i aint a fan of crash.