By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How did you come to find out about VGchartz?

For me looking up sales data on yahoo

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

well i was on gamespot in there was a link to vgchartz thats how i found ths site.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

From the gametrailers forums..

n then I joined n never looked back at the filthy GT forums

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

From multiple game forums

stumbled upon it by accident

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I had a discussion on 4chan's /v/ that went something like this:

Anonymous: Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best selling fighting game ever!
Anonymous: Actually, Tekken 3 sold better than it did.
Anonymous: Sauce?
Anonymous: Go to www.vgchartz.com (might've been .org back then). They got sources for their numbers.

Turns out this site has exactly zero public sources for old numbers, and I'm still not convinced of how accurate they are, but otherwise can't help my VGC-addiction. =P

On was reading an article on wikipedia(SSB Melee-spanish) which as a link to "worldwide sales" and here i am posting in another thread

I searched for console sales tracking and "voila!".
Never gonna regret that search, I love these forums and I've stopped using GS forums alltogether since I joined Vgchartz.
The amount of whining, fanboyism and idiocy here is by far the most tolerable I've yet seen online, its almost civilized!

I was looking for sales data for the Wii. This was some time ago.

It was something to do with NexGenWars.