By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft passed 100 million sales!!! (106million) 53k a day in 2016..

konnichiwa said:
crissindahouse said:

Well, on PC you bought it only once, on console many bought it probably twice or even more. Or could people get the PS4 and XBO version for free if they had the PS360 version? Not sure about that. 

It was a cheap upgrade 5 bucks/euro etc. Another reason why I like Minecraft and applaud them.  Sure they could have made it free but 5 euro/bucks is peanuts if you compare it to other games that basically let you pay full price again.

Its not right to compare an indie game with AAA games that need far more money to recuperate costs, sell much less than this and their graphics are upgraded by a lot when porting from one generation to other.

Around the Network
JohnnyKeflc said:
konnichiwa said:

It was a cheap upgrade 5 bucks/euro etc. Another reason why I like Minecraft and applaud them.  Sure they could have made it free but 5 euro/bucks is peanuts if you compare it to other games that basically let you pay full price again.

Its not right to compare an indie game with AAA games that need far more money to recuperate costs, sell much less than this and their graphics are upgraded by a lot when porting from one generation to other.

I not said they should give gta V for 5 euro. But 30 Euro would be a friendly price. I think Battlefield 4 did something similar?

And yet I still cant get into it... Tried the PC, mobile and Vita version, and couldn't bare either more than 2-3 hours before simply quitting. I guess I'm one of those less creative kind of guys, who simply want my experience as linear and story-driven as possible

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!