By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft passed 100 million sales!!! (106million) 53k a day in 2016..

BraLoD said:
Angelv577 said:
There is a reason this game isnt exclusive to MS platform. This game sells everywhere.

The reason it's not exclusive to MS is because contracts were made before MS bought Mojang, it wasn't born or raised as a MS game, it always already very solidified as a multiplaform once it was sold. Maybe MS just can't make it exclusive even they want to, actually.

But yeah, it's actually a wise decision to keep it multiplaform if it's a decision that can be done.

I Think that they will make it exclusive once they get the 2.5 Billions they invested in Mojang.

Around the Network

Another huge success story

Minecraft is a beast!

Teeqoz said:
Shame that mobile and console versions are so much higher than the PC game. PC Minecraft, even when you're playing on a potato, is 1000x better than console and mobile minecraft. Anywho, insane sales. Weow.

We have all 3, pc, ps4 and iPad version. iPad version gets mostly ignored. Console version gets by far the most play time due to local splitscreen. PC version is a blessing and a curse. My 6 year old sees a new mod on you tube, wants to try it out with a bunch of other mods and it's Java exceptions, ini file problems and reinstall the whole lot all the time. When it finally works he's done with it after 10 minutes :/ He uses voids wrath to manage mods, maybe there are better ways?

barneystinson69 said:

Insane numbers. No wonder Microsoft bought them!

Yup, Microsoft aren't idiots like a certain someone is claiming :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Why is Australia just sitting down there as a creeper?

I'm surprised to see the console versions up there with the mobile versions and so far ahead of the pc. I always thought minecraft was biggest on mobile, then pc then consoles. Guess I was wrong.

Kerotan said:
I'm surprised to see the console versions up there with the mobile versions and so far ahead of the pc. I always thought minecraft was biggest on mobile, then pc then consoles. Guess I was wrong.

Well, on PC you bought it only once, on console many bought it probably twice or even more. Or could people get the PS4 and XBO version for free if they had the PS360 version? Not sure about that. 

crissindahouse said:
Kerotan said:

Well, on PC you bought it only once, on console many bought it probably twice or even more. Or could people get the PS4 and XBO version for free if they had the PS360 version? Not sure about that. 

I'd also say a lot of people bought the pc + console version or the pc + mobile version. Lots of double and triple dippers and it wouldn't be exclusive to any 2/3 platforms. 

crissindahouse said:
Kerotan said:

It was a cheap upgrade 5 bucks/euro etc. Another reason why I like Minecraft and applaud them.  Sure they could have made it free but 5 euro/bucks is peanuts if you compare it to other games that basically let you pay full price again.