By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Data for Week Ending 3/23: Americas/Others SW tonight Japan on Thursday

Then the number is low because they don´t count Mexico and Latinoamerica numbers?

Around the Network

There so many people here who brag about "where are the numbers,why they aren`t already here"
Quit complaining and let ioi do their job in peace..
i don`t think they forget to add the numbers..
Be patience

Chrizum said:
300k? Impossible. That would pretty much mean Smash bombed in the US...

Bombed my butt, the title sold 1.5 million the first week. Everyone is just overestimating I myself said 285k for this week.

@ MANUELF

No they do. But the actual odds of more than 10k Brawl purchases are so small. Don't those regions mostly pirate all of their games?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It could be software shortages ( SSBB ); or that everyone was so eager to buy this game on day 1.

Around the Network

Or a simple tracking error. If you believe NPD is the whole truth (that do some people) than it seems to me that VGC sample has a hardcore bias. It seems that games tend to have bigger opening weeks on VGC than NPD but NPD give the games better legs.

ioi had it down for 1.8 Million before Big N said something, so he did a little overshooting. Good possible that he know undershoots a little on the second week. Again, thats only interesting if you believe that NPD is the truth and nothing but the truth.

ioi said:
Not tonight now I am afriad, it is 3am here and i am only human.

Better start taking what Barry Bonds is on.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

TheSource said:
*cough* Smash is ~300-350k this week *cough*

Awww... was hoping for much better. That makes me a very sad panda.

outlawauron said:
@ MANUELF

No they do. But the actual odds of more than 10k Brawl purchases are so small. Don't those regions mostly pirate all of their games?
not, here the only games pirated are PS2 and PSP and also the DS.

I am sorry but Japan had a higher than 300k second week.

now 300k is not bad, smash will have legs, but come on. I was think 420k minimum.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut