By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think NX rumours will help or hurt the system?

Do you think NX rumours will help or hurt the system?

All this rumours will bui... 13 20.63%

This will only make peopl... 28 44.44%

Only the real unveiling c... 13 20.63%

Nintendo, restock the Spe... 9 14.29%

Total:63

Mostly irrelevant but I think they're helping to build anticipation for the system.

Around the Network

I don't think it'll hurt the console at all. Most people don't even follow nor know about these rumors. When it's revealed, that is what people will know what it is. It's after that whether it'll do well or not.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If it isn't a bad console, it will definitely help.

This week I learned that popular youtuber LilyPichu hasn't even heard of NX. Which makes me believe that a vast majority who will eventually buy the NX has not heard of it either and as such will not care if Nintendo announces something at E3 or even this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i think its being over hyped for no reason, no one knows what it is, and ultimately that will lead to some type of disappointment to some users

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network

Rumors happen in the first place because of a lack of official information. If the NX really is launching in less than a year, Nintendo needs to start talking about it now.

Id rather we not hear about new systems more than 6months away.
Nintendo should never have mentioned NX at all.

vivster said:
This week I learned that popular youtuber LilyPichu hasn't even heard of NX. Which makes me believe that a vast majority who will eventually buy the NX has not heard of it either and as such will not care if Nintendo announces something at E3 or even this year.

This only proves the point of the problem with revealing it late. The biggest problem for the Wii U is people not knowing what it is, and even with around two years of Nintendo dropping hints of their next console people still don't know what NX is. No one is keeping up to date with Nintendo news, so this late reveal will more than likely end in disaster.

Most people who buy the NX won't ever know that there were rumors to begin with. So neither.

CaptainExplosion said:
spemanig said:
Most people who buy the NX won't ever know that there were rumors to begin with. So neither.

The internet spreads things like wildfire, so are you sure about?

Not all people are interested in video game rumours. And even then, nothing about them has been confirmed. 

Why should you reject the possibility of purchasing a product you know absolutely nothing about? In the end, Nintendo's publicity is what is going to matter, because that will actually showcase the real product (duh').

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.