By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think NX rumours will help or hurt the system?

Do you think NX rumours will help or hurt the system?

All this rumours will bui... 13 20.63%

This will only make peopl... 28 44.44%

Only the real unveiling c... 13 20.63%

Nintendo, restock the Spe... 9 14.29%

Total:63

Well, with E3 very close and still no signs of a proper NX presentation, people has once again go back to rumours to try and see every little piece of info they can. Some might think this builds hype, while others might think all of this Nintendo secrecy just obfuscates and annoys the interested consumer. What do you think, do you think all this NX rumours will have a positive effect on the WiiU's hype and sales or will just make people tired and uninformed?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

At this stage for me I'm just sick of hearing about the system already before we actually have heard anything about it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

They're not really going to affect much of anything, the official reveal is what matters.

Rumours that are disproven by the reveal may disappoint some but they won't have had an affect on the success of the console.

Once the reveal has happened the rumours will dissapear and be forgotten.

It's going to disappoint a lot of people when the NX turns out to not be as amazing as they wished.

It can go either way.If it is better than people expected(expectation that was feeded by the million rumours) then yes, it will help, because it will increase the already big hype that it had.But if it dosent meet expectations, it will be worse, because it will make people jump to conclusions which may or not be true and will make the hype for the system jump off a cliff.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Nope. Only the reveal matters. More than likely, the reveal will fly in the face of every rumor that happened since 2014. Then we'll realize that all this rumor mongering is pointless.

I think definatly help NX beacuse people keep talking about NX even they don't know anything about it, it's great commercial for NX.
On other hand there are too many rumours about NX to say some is more believable than other, so nobody really hold to those rumours and nobody really can't be disappointed at end.

Only problem I see is for Nintendo fans who are tired and annoyed by all this rumours, but I am pretty sure all that will be forget moment Nintendo reveille NX.

No.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

WiiU hype and sales? That typo.

If the rumours get real extreme and the NX becomes the second coming, it sets everyone up for disappointment. Otherwise, should occupy mind space. Which is good.

Barkley said:

They're not really going to affect much of anything, the official reveal is what matters.

Rumours that are disproven by the reveal may disappoint some but they won't have had an affect on the success of the console.

Once the reveal has happened the rumours will dissapear and be forgotten.

This, though certain predictions surrounding NX will not be forgotten, I'll make sure of that!