By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Neo GPU Is Point-For-Point A Match For RX 480

This is really smart though... if AMD can sell a intire card at retail for 199$, and make profits of it, the chips themselves cant be that expensive to make.

Thats good news for the PS4 neo, it means it wont be to expensive.
Those 399$ rumors for the PS4 neo look likely at this point.
Which also means the normal ps4 at its 349$ price, is soon going to see a price drop (299$ or less).

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Thanks for the replies.

dude... you want someone to school you on computer hardware on the fly in an online forum, when you apparently don't have any idea what's being discussed?

perhaps first say what exactly you don't understand so maybe someone can help you out, don't just go 'what does it all mean?' and expect to be taken seriously o.0

setsunatenshi said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Thanks for the replies.

dude... you want someone to school you on computer hardware on the fly in an online forum, when you apparently don't have any idea what's being discussed?

perhaps first say what exactly you don't understand so maybe someone can help you out, don't just go 'what does it all mean?' and expect to be taken seriously o.0

I'm certain he's just thanking people.

The PS5 Exists. 

setsunatenshi said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Thanks for the replies.

WTF are you talking about dude!

CGI-Quality said:
setsunatenshi said:

What exactly is the reason for a post like this?

seemed like a sarcastic 'thank you' since no one exactly replied to the first query directly, if i missinterpreted i apologize for it.

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
CGI-Quality said:

What exactly is the reason for a post like this?

seemed like a sarcastic 'thank you' since no one exactly replied to the first query directly, if i missinterpreted i apologize for it.

Read the fucking thread! 4 people replied to me!

SWORDF1SH said:
setsunatenshi said:

i appologized for it, i perceived as insincere, apparently it wasn't. my bad

This is all good news though right?

It means it ll be cheap (399$ here we come).
it means it ll be not so powerhungry (same or less power than current PS4).
it means they wont have to change the form factor (same small chasis as current ps4s).
it means they ll have all the newest features, these new gpus have (newer memory compression).

SWORDF1SH said:
setsunatenshi said:

I think you guys are just misunderstanding each other.

GribbleGrunger said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Was there any speculation about Sony utilizing a semi custom version of the 480? Because while the OG Ps4 architecture was structured after AMD Pitcairn, there were features not available in the retail version found on PC. Wondering if Sony applied the same practice here

Didn't AMD also say something about working with Sony to include some of the changes in their own chips?

Not something that I've read, but that's very interesting if true. Could also mean a more complex partnership than people are taking at face value. I sorely wish I stayed invested in AMD when it was $1.82 a share.... Only a few months ago.

I'm not surprised. I've been saying that the Neo is going to use the same Polaris GPU found in the scorpio but only downclocked. Its just common sense.....

I'll further add that the Neo GPU is going to go up before the console is released.

I don't see how the CPU id a bottleneck tho, well to be honest it will be a bottle neck if trying to run 30fps games at 60fps, but if all its doing is making an existing 30fps game look even better at 30fps then thats moatky all on the GPU