By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man charged for beating wife's would-be rapist to death

Azuren said:
Teeqoz said:

It's excessive force as fuck. It's like hunting birds with a fucking cannon. Can't believe people think the husband was in the right. You are allowed to use the necessary amount of force to protect yourself (or someone else), nothing more. Clearly the husband used waaaaay more force than that.

No such thing for excessive force against someone trying to rape someone you love. The only mistake that seems to be made here is he didn't kill the fuck in his apartment, which would classify as Castle Law and protect the husband (assuming New York isn't a total shithole and doesn't allow people to defend themselves with deadly force in their own homes).

New York is a liberal shit hole state. You can't do shit to defend yourself.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Azuren said:

No such thing for excessive force against someone trying to rape someone you love. The only mistake that seems to be made here is he didn't kill the fuck in his apartment, which would classify as Castle Law and protect the husband (assuming New York isn't a total shithole and doesn't allow people to defend themselves with deadly force in their own homes).

Just looked it up. Not only does New York have Castle Laws, but where other Castle Laws require the victim to prove their innocence, NY's Castle Law requires the People to prove their guilt. Apparently it works more in favor of the victim in this way, so they actually have better Castle Laws that are more in line with the Fifth Ammendment.

Also, when you use terms like "liberal shithole", it automatically sets people against you and puts a bad (worse?) name out there for conservatives. So not only did you assume incorrectly, but now you run the risk of turning this into a stupid waste of time (AKA, a politcal debate).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

don't know the full story, but so far it seems like excessive use of force.

it's no longer defending yourself or others when the violent situation has already deescalated, because the two women fought off the attacker.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Should only be prosecuted if it can be determined if excessive force was used or if nobody was in danger at the time of assault. If no one is in danger of immediate harm leave it the police, or restrain the rapist but you shouldn't need to beat them to death to do so.

It's not defense in this case but revenge. If the act was ongoing I would say give the man a medal. Now he should be convicted for homicide.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Hmm. Most likely, the attacker tried to fight the husband when he got there. Not many people (if able to fight) would be able to restrain themselves while fighting their wife's attacker. I say give him a pass on it.

Teeqoz said:
BraLoD said:
Isn't that legit defense?
If someone is going to rape your wife beating him senseless should not make you a criminal.

It's excessive force as fuck. It's like hunting birds with a fucking cannon. Can't believe people think the husband was in the right. You are allowed to use the necessary amount of force to protect yourself (or someone else), nothing more. Clearly the husband used waaaaay more force than that.

Well if he caught the rapist in the act, I wouldn't give a damn if he shot his head off with a shotgun. One rapist less to worry about anyway and the rapist took that risk with his careerchoice anyway. But all of that goes out of the window when you beat the crap out if him when the act is already history. Now it's simply a revenge homicide, for which the man should be convicted.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It seems there are many details missing due to it being an ongoing investigation. Anything that can't certainly be a fact but requires investigating will not be in a press statement. The press release makes it sound like the guy beat the first person he saw without asking questions when in reality there could have been a confrontation.

The defense will probably go with temporal insanity as well as the hero card.

Denny Crane

When youve fended a attacker off, if you keep beating them until they die afterwards.... thats murder.

Once it stops being self defense, its not okay.
Even if it was a rapist. Doesnt mean hes allowed to kill him.

Sucks that the husban was put into a fit of rage and killed a man in it.

Hopefully he get a slightly milder sentence, because of the circumstances, but I believe he should be sentenced to jail for murder.

"The defense will probably go with temporal insanity as well as the hero card."

^ this. He got too emotional. Rage.... might get reduced sentence for it.

Azuren said:
Snoopy said:

Just looked it up. Not only does New York have Castle Laws, but where other Castle Laws require the victim to prove their innocence, NY's Castle Law requires the People to prove their guilt. Apparently it works more in favor of the victim in this way, so they actually have better Castle Laws that are more in line with the Fifth Ammendment.

Also, when you use terms like "liberal shithole", it automatically sets people against you and puts a bad (worse?) name out there for conservatives. So not only did you assume incorrectly, but now you run the risk of turning this into a stupid waste of time (AKA, a politcal debate).

The problem being is people from New York hate violence (when it is against their own kind), guns and what not. They will turn against you even if you defend yourself. Look how zimmerman was attack by people for what he did by the liberal media which a lot of it came from New York in terms of media, people and groups in general.