By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 23rd - 29th 2016

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 did nice! Especially the Vita version is better than expected!
Playstation 4 hardware did good and had a nice bump but I honestly expected much more from Playstation Vita hardware. :/
Anyway congrats for reaching 5M+ sold Playstation Vita!!!

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Absolute Playstation domination this week!!

That hardware pie chart looks very pacman esque xD

Ps4 hardware waaaaaaaay up on this week last year. May 2016 has been good to it.

I just noticed in the first 5 months the ps4 has closed the gap on the Wii U by over 400k.

The Wii U number this year vs last year is shocking. It's the week splatoon launched so things won't be pretty going forward.

Dragon quest heroes 2 surpasses expectations. It should be around 450k including digital. With Asian and future western sales added it will be very successful. We should see a DQH3 in future now.

Overwatch doing very good also. What a week, yet another #1 hardware for the ps4 :)))

+7k YOY +6k (18k last week ) WOW  Dragon quest saved it from falling even further, does it have any relevant thing for that week? I would guess that DQ will keep it afloat for another week...

tak13 said:
Kerotan said:
Absolute Playstation domination this week!!

That hardware pie chart looks very pacman esque xD

Ps4 hardware waaaaaaaay up on this week last year. May 2016 has been good to it.

I just noticed in the first 5 months the ps4 has closed the gap on the Wii U by over 400k.

The Wii U number this year vs last year is shocking. It's the week splatoon launched so things won't be pretty going forward.

Dragon quest heroes 2 surpasses expectations. It should be around 450k including digital. With Asian and future western sales added it will be very successful. We should see a DQH3 in future now.

Overwatch doing very good also. What a week, yet another #1 hardware for the ps4 :)))

+7k YOY +6k (18k last week ) WOW  Dragon quest saved it from falling even further, does it have any relevant thing for that week? I would guess that DQ will keep it afloat for another week...

Its12.5k up YOY compared to this week in 2015 according to mediacreate and 13k according to Famitsu.  

As I said it's waaaaaaaay up.  

Summer baseline time now.  

2014 it was 5k

2015 it was 10k

Hopefully 2016 can be up 50% on last year with at least 15k!!

Kerotan said:
tak13 said:

Its12.5k up YOY compared to this week in 2015 according to mediacreate and 13k according to Famitsu.  

2014 it was 5k

2015 it was 10k

Oooops!

Yeah!  Mistake!

Sorry I consufed 3ds and ps4 sales of last year same week...

Nintendo has sold 47k wii u from first week of FY16 Q1 till the end of second month of FY16Q1!
Wii u didn't have any stock as I deduced from shipments and sales comparison last quarter, so they have shipped at least 47k or just 47k if they are selling what they are only shipping instead of stocking wii u, which is probable! To explain it, I mean shipping every week 4k and sell that out!

It has been a long time that wii u sells steadily 4k every week, even after the NX news...

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Kerotan said:

2014 it was 5k

2015 it was 10k

Yeah!

Oooops, sorry I consufed 3ds and ps4 sales of last year same week...

So will you join me in my celebrations?!!

Kerotan said:

tak13 said:

Oooops!

Yeah! Mistaike.

sorry I consufed 3ds and ps4 sales of last year same week...

Only, If you join me in my celebrations to  the imminent day that 3ds will surpass ps2! lol

Boutros said:

Wow incredible for Dragon Quest Heroes II. We really can't rely on COMG for Omega Force games lately as I predicted :P

Hey, my prediction for the Vita sku was spot on! 121,250 vs. 120,664

I don't pay attention to ratios on PS4/PS3 so those were me expecting a larger decline in overall sales.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

tak13 said:
Kerotan said:

Only, If you join me in my celebrations to  the imminent day that 3ds will surpass ps2! lol

But 3 DS isn't a Handheld ?, Also Gameboy and Nintendo DS did not out-sold PS2 on Japan ?.

Dragon Quest Heroes II did surprisingly "good". I thought it would do much worse to be honest. Overwatch also did great.