By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 23rd - 29th 2016

Makes me sad that Japanes players picked Overwatch over GGXrd: Revelator.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
JRPGfan said:

| 4.129   | 102.688 | 191.246 | 935.135     |
| 3DSLL   | 78         | 103      | 919      | 9.800      | 72.344   | 6.953.065 |
| 3DS       | 696      | 700      | 1.418   | 50.709    | 68.124   | 9.990.888 |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+

Gap is down to like 300k now.

Give it 2-3 months time and you should see the PS4 ahead of the Wii U in japan.

Wow! 3DS almost at 21mil!!!!! Doing quite well especially if you compare it to its other competitor, the PSvita. 

Why are you replying to me?  What you said has nothing to do with what I said.  

I'm talking about the Wii U vs PS4 and you just randomly bring up the 3DS? Lol.  

But on that.  The 3DS has done well.  But it's a massive decline on its predecessor.  it's down 10m, the vita is down 15m. The handheld market seems to be collapsing. 

Software numbers are even worse gen over gen. 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Wow! 3DS almost at 21mil!!!!! Doing quite well especially if you compare it to its other competitor, the PSvita. 

But on that.  The 3DS has done well.  But it's a massive decline on its predecessor.  it's down 10m, the vita is down 15m. The handheld market seems to be collapsing. 

I think your mistaken. JRPGFAN posted the graph while also quoting to you in the same comment.  Im on my phone and its quite hard to delete the other quote. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Misguided, exaggerating, and something else that might be moderatable, so I won't say it!

You should choose a milder word.... And wow so much doooooom!

You can say that it has collapsed in the USA but in Japan? Hell, no! It's very strong ( and don't forget smartphone gaming and how robust is in Japan) or you can say that it's a collapse compared to ds and psp... Not in general, because the right thing is handheld market getting back to Normal! Before psp there wasn't any other sony dedicated handheld console, and all of a sudden sony sold 20m+33m from DS= 52m... That was regular?

Previously there was just  gba that sold 17m and before gba the two Gen handheld consoles GB+GBC that sold 32m ( seperately they  sold as gba )!

It's like me, saying that home console has collapsed globally because of wii u decline over its predecessor... 7th gen! What a gen...

However, If I would cite that, you would come immediately with excuses, albeit rightly!

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

I think your mistaken. JRPGFAN posted the graph while also quoting to you in the same comment.  Im on my phone and its quite hard to delete the other quote. 

so quote him and not me. 

btw  i recommend a sony xperia z3 compact or any of the newer models. mine is 2 years old now but it's very easy to cut put qoutes using it. great device 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

so quote him and not me. 

btw  i recommend a sony xperia z3 compact or any of the newer models. mine is 2 years old now but it's very easy to cut put qoutes using it. great device 

I quoted you but he didn't quote you :).

tak13 said:
Kerotan said:

Misguided, exaggerating, and something else that might be moderatable, so I won't say it!

You should choose a milder word.... And wow so much doooooom!

You can say that it has collapsed in the USA but in Japan? Hell, no! It's very strong ( and don't forget smartphone gaming and how robust is in Japan) or you can say that it's a collapse compared to ds and psp... Not in general, because the right thing is handheld market getting back to Normal! Before psp there wasn't any other sony dedicated handheld console, and all of a sudden sony sold 20m+33m from DS= 52m... That was regular?

Previously there was just  gba that sold 17m and before gba the two Gen handheld consoles GB+GBC that sold 32m ( seperately they  sold as gba )!

It's like me, saying that home console has collapsed globally because of wii u decline over its predecessor... 7th gen! What a gen...

However, If I would cite that, you would come immediately with excuses, albeit rightly!

ironic you said i was misguided. i didn't say collapsed. i said collapsing. and that's exactly whats happing. the mobile market is the reason for it. ios and android taking over. i'll elaborate so you don't write amother misguieded reply. 

i said collapsing, which means it can bottom out at a lower level in future. like how the ps3 collapsed to a much lower level than the ps2 but now we see things leveling out with the ps4 doing just as well. (slightly better). so right now the market has collapsed from 50m last gen to 26m so far this gen which is winding up. 

That's a major collapse. Next gen there will be no 7/8m vitas so there's more lost numbers. And i doubt the 3ds succesor sells over 20m. I predict the decline to continue. 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

so quote him and not me. 

I did quote him but I guess it quoted/gave you that blue thing as well. 

And I am using a Xperia Z1. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:
Kerotan said:

so quote him and not me. 

look at his original post. i replied to jrpg and he quated my reply to him. anyway he's explained why so it's all good. 

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

so quote him and not me. 

I recommend and upgrade! never used the Z1 so not sure what's it's like. The Z3 compact was my first and only smartphone. I beleive theres a Z5 out now. not sure 

Kerotan said:
Farsala said:

look at his original post. i replied to jrpg and he quated my reply to him. anyway he's explained why so it's all good. 

Jranation said:

I recommend and upgrade! never used the Z1 so not sure what's it's like. The Z3 compact was my first and only smartphone. I beleive theres a Z5 out now. not sure 

Sadly I never buy newer models (too expensive and I don't really need the best/current ones) But once y contract ends I will be going back to samsung with the S5 (I know so old! XD) unless S6 will have a cheaper price by then. Or the LG G4. (I do like the back cover of the S5 and the G4) 

Pocky Lover Boy!